2018 SAFF Suzuki Cup

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    Maldives government has declared Tuesday a public holiday to celebrate the country's win in the SAFF Suzuki Cup. A young Maldives football team beat arch rivals India 2-1 on Saturday Maldives to clinch the region's most coveted footballing prize. President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom had declared a public holiday to allow the whole country to welcome the team set to arrive on Tuesday. The victory by Maldives national football team on Saturday marks the first championship title after a decade. https://avas.mv/en/54231
    goalkeeparmunna219777DX
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Really Frankly saying it's a miracle that this team actually reached the final, except wingers and to an extent Manvir rest all we're just passengers .

That centre back 2 was extremely poor. 
    We now know the depth of the u-23 selected by SC. Glad we tested and now can say the next hope will only be our u-19 and u-16 teams if groomed well.
    ashindiaspartaDeb_Bankartik91goalkeepar
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys from our u-19 and u-16 are atleast 10 times better than these players technically.
    These players don't know how to provide a whipped cross.They can only provide floater type crosses.

Even the players who will not be able to make it on to the big stage from our u-19 and u-16 will be at least 6-8 times better than these u-23 players technically.

spartakartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2018
    Win or loose our u-19 and u-16 play football the way it should. They play it the way European teams play it.I personally try to see every match of our u-16 and u-19 teams.It is a treat to watch their match unlike our u-23 players and at times our senior team as well.

I have huge expectations from our u-19 and u-16 teams.

If they are groomed properly than I feel in 6-8 years with both u-19 and u-16 players in and around their peak,I feel we can definitely compete at the Asian Top Level 
    Deb_BanMiki
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
     We always had better in terms of play with U16 or U19.  We always have a problem with Transition. We need to have creative midfield, like Brandon or Sosairaj. The big miss was Changte , He would made some difference in the final. 

Thapa had bad day in the final.  India never tried to score outside of D box, second we didn't do diagonal passes , basically we didn't shoot at the goal. Coach doesn't have second plan at all when our goal scoring abilities are less or minimal.

Conversion rate is bad, we produce good wingers, who dribble , pass defenders and cross aimlessly most of the time. Udanta is also very poor interms conversions. I feel he should cut in ,out and try to score which he can do. Changte is bright prospect but he should cut in and penetrate D and score goals. I don't want him to be like Udanta. 

Except Sinil Chhetri , Indian team dont have genuine goal scorer or We don't produce that quality yet. Thats the missing link , We are all missing. 
    goalkeepar
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Because all leagues rely on foreign strikers. There should be a no foreigner rule in second division.
    kartik91deepuashindiaarchakatuljg
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited September 2018
    If such a rule does come in place, coaches can easily bypass it with a few tactical adjustment.
    What kind of tactical adjustment? You have to field Indian 11 and at least one of them has to score.
  • Why Seond Division always need to sacrifice? What about the so called TOP league !!!
    Carbon_14
    edited September 2018
    The problem with not having foreigners in the top league. 

1. Defenders need to frequently face stronger strikers, foreigners bring in quality to the league.

2. Can't win continental.

Lower leagues provide you with a platform to create a solid team without relying on below par Nigerians to help you in your campaign.

If you can win second division with only Indian players you can get promoted and sign foreigners According to our requirements.  There is not a single team that is dependent on an Indian striker.

deepukartik91atuljgdev_pfcdeepak dedha