Indian Super League 2019-20

Comments

• indianfootyindianfooty Keral476 Points
    edited January 2020
    Kerala blasters likely to send sahal, samuel, rakip, prashant to serbia. According to rumours they will train with red star belgrade.

At the start of the season red star belgrade offered a tie up. And they conducted a visit to kochi and  they had a meeting at mariot hotel. But the blasters management put the talks at hold because they get offers from red bull and one of the european club (didn't reveal name).

After this seasons end blasters management will hold a meeting to discuss about it. The main problem is owners not ready to sell more than of 50% they still wants major stakes.
    ashindiaharitrams24dev_pfcmunna219777giridharan
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    edited January 2020
    Mukhi has played in total of 4 matches in ISL and few second division matches. So, let him play for 2 years in ISL atleast and then we can talk about his team India chances. 
             Don't have that much high hopes from Gourav Mukhi right now. Just remember he never had formal coaching before last year. So, let him learn the game the hard way and if he manages to impress then we can talk about. Right now, lots of guys are way ahead of him in the queue. 
           In Jamshedpur FC he will always get chances to prove himself due to pressure from local fans as JFC wants to develop the next set of local players who can take inspiration from his journey. And JFC has already started to include more local player in the junior setups. Results are not there right now but I think with more players taking formal coachings at very early age we will see good players in the upcoming years from Jharkhand.
    thebeautifulgameCarbon_14Nagendranamewtheldgiridharan
    I don't know why people are not going after Phrangki Buam. There are lots of less talented players playing in ISL and ileague.
      And this year Shillong Lajong doesn't even have funds to play ileague div 2. I hope there's a way out for the players. Otherwise some talended kids will be stuck up with Shillong Lajong just to play SPL
    munna219777goalkeeparmasefieldtheoilfieldgiridharan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @sparta ; How is Tata Football Academy doing ? I think that entire batch of TFA passouts are by default available for Jamshedpur FC and Jharkhand Football association.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    What's the point for Buam joining ISL? They will probably make him a left or a right back! Just look at what has happened to Mandar, Ashiq, Joby, Nikhil Poojary etc.
    Ronnygoalkeepargaffertape[Deleted User]ashindiaCarbon_14giridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29636 Points
    I don't think Balwant is thinking of moving to some other club on loan. ABP actually quotes him as saying that he wants to continue playing in the ISL. He has no problems in ATK. (https://www.anandabazar.com/sport/east-bengal-investors-suddenly-signed-abhash-thapa-1.1092984).

Some months back I read of a veteran footballer who had played in the Big Two and who now plays for an ISL club. He said that though he gets hardly any playing time nowadays he is quite content with that. He said that he has his family to think of and he has to secure his future. ISL has provided him the opportunity of securing his future and he has no grudges if he does not get too many chances.

I guess this has become the trend nowadays, for better or for worse. The lure of making a quick buck overrides all other concerns, even that of playing for the club.
    munna219777goalkeeparAbhishekRatul
    @munna219777 there hasn't been any placements in TFA since the Udanta/Vinita Rai batch. They have acquired the next batch into Jamshedpur B team which also have some locals from the local Jamshedpur league apart from TFA. 
      TFA and Jamshedpur B players are normally part of the Santosh Trophy teams. Last time they had inter district Football league too during the month of January with TFA &JFC B  players playing for Jamshedpur team. 
           With not so competitive league at Jamshedpur, development of the TFA kids and Jamshedpur B is not going in the proper direction.So,no major player coming out from the setup now. 
        Sandip Mandi's batch went to Spain for a month last year.
    munna219777
    Buam should join any team which plays at decent level (it can be ileague,ileague 2 or ISL) but not at a level where he is bulldozing everyone. 

masefieldtheoilfield
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    clubs really need to stop over paying get a team of cheap players and aim for 6th spot instead of winning. In which league in the world do all teams try to be champions? selling players cutting costs etc should be a priority too and somerimes its way more than just securing futures,  making 12lakhs a year is more than a lot of fresh mbbs doctors make and to pay that to someone who isnt even playing for you is ridiculous, how does any team think they can continue this? 
    gaffertapeAbhishekRatul
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    12 lakh ? Balwant is easily making 40 lakh per year in ATK
    Abhishek