โ€บ โ€บ

Oman vs India | FIFA World Cup Q | 19-11-19 |

Comments

• AbhishekAbhishek 461 Points
    edited November 2019
    @Kool

Are you really not Venkatesh, sitting and writing this essay in the dugout while the match was on?? ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

"Fellow sports fans ...
    See the good thing is - our team is trying to play an international standard style of football and making mistakes as they are still learning. This is a very positive step in my opinion. The coach has come into a place where kick and run style has been played for so long and trying to change the basic structure of the play. Mistakes and losses are part of this learning process. Coach is also experimenting different things to figure out and identify which combination of players would work under pressure etc. I am glad at least our players are making these mistakes trying to play the right style of football. We do see lot of positive,s of course misses and discontinuity etc due to lack of practice in this style. As they continue to progress we will see these mistakes come down and a solid style of play would emerge in the coming months. It is like, a hindi speaking family has joined their first son in an english medium LKG and they need to give him enough time before they expect their kid to start writing his own english poems. I would like to see more positive comments coming from our group they negativity. Stop looking at the mistakes for now, look for the positives and write about them. In due course you would be able to cheer and write few negatives and more positives. I do not mean to offend anyone ... Atleast people here with sufficient knowledge be supportive of the team than like a normal spectator who goes on the negative mode ...  "
    [Deleted User]Chelseafanatuljgmunna219777giridharangoalkeeparRatul
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @munna -  Coach Stimac has ruined 5 World Cup Qualification Matches in order to fiddle around trying different players in Defense.  These things are tried out in International Friendlies. 
    -----
    Have you ever played any competitive sports? individual/team sports? What capacity? 
    In your opinion, assume say you are the head coach of INDIA, what would be your approach and tell me how soon you can produce results? All other things remaining same, except you take over from STIMAC now โ€ฆ Give me a ball park figures. 
    Passimunna219777giridharan
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited November 2019
    No @abhishek,  he is igor itself. He prepared this essay before the start of the match itself. He is now preparing the essay for qatar match. 
    #justkidding. 
    AbhishekChelseafanmunna219777Deb_Bangoalkeepar
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    As I predicted Oman easily won. If Sunil Chhetri, Anas, Bheke, Kotal keeps playing instead of Gama, Lenny, Seriton, Joby we can expect even East Timor and Brunei to beat us
    sudheermylankalAbhishekmunna219777goalkeeparSiVChelseafan
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Meanwhile Bhutia said, focusing on results is hurting India.
    munna219777NaujawanAbhishek
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Bhutia never focussed on the results of United Sikkim FC. That club got shut ultimately.
    giridharanatuljgDeb_Bannamewtheldmasefieldtheoilfield
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

India did not start playing Football after Stimac came..
    giridharanatuljggoalkeeparAbhishek
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @Munna - I never said, India started playing football after Stimac came. That is your statement. You were complaining - Stimac ruined 5 world cup matches, this and that. Fair enough. That is why I am asking, what would you have done differently if you were in Stimac's position. When will you start producing results? You should give a solution to the problem you mentioned right? If you are criticizing a national coach, who is a world cupper with rich football heritage, knowledge, I want to know -(your and few others)- your expertise and background in this field. Then I could judge myself and decide who I should take seriously and who not to.
    Carbon_14Chelseafan
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    Hey @Kool honestly you could probably read some more about indian football. See we played 10 games if you are updated enough. We had 5 games which even though cup tournaments were treated as friendlies. See he had a month long camp. 

As an international coach you don't really get a lot of time and privileges. If you understand Indian football history, In SAFF no matter how we play we are always favorites. Now this new coach is picking Bheke, Who was visibly under performing at international standards and clueless with the games gets to play. Not that our pool is bad. He gave respect to Afghanistan and we played Brandon deep. Sossai who would fit his system gets ignored for god knows why. Seriton not even given a run in. These are mistakes from a coach's perspective. 

See we are not talking about the players mistakes. But a good coach will accept responsibility. The more and more i see Stimac he is making up too many excuses. Like we are a squad with so much potential. He has to have balls to remove Udanta, Ashique, Bheke from international scene. We dont need underperforming players. This is what @munna219777 or other members are expressing. SIMPLY BECAUSE WE WANT THE BEST FOR OUR COUNTRY!!.
    atuljgDeb_BangoalkeeparPassimunna219777
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @giridharan/@munna - all your points are valid and understood. Yes every one of us has the same intention - we want the best for our country. AGREED. We are just here talking discussing about indian football as we love India and its football. At the end of the day if India wins or loses - it will not affect our lives. RIGHT. Imagine the COACH of our national team, his career, reputation is on the line. So imagine how much more careful and diligently he would be observing and make every single decision. If he cannot show progress with in a period of time, he would love his job/income/reputation. In that aspect, I do trust his decision making about what he is doing than the suggestions made here by our fans. Fans are emotional and they really do not have the broader and deep knowledge of the field of play/football in general.
    Unless someone shows the credentials to back their claims. Selecting few good players in your opinion and not fielding a certain player on a particular match are very minor issues in the larger picture. I am not even going to discuss about that, I do not need to learn more about Indian football (if needed I would do that too). We have over 100 million people in INDIA with every one of them having their own opinions and ideas. As a coach he does not have time to consider all that and it is not practically possible also. I could go on and on and on .. probably it would not make lot of sense here. So all I am saying is, I trust the experience and knowledge the coach brings along with this reputation and in all probability he is doing his absolute best in his opinion to make INDIA football better in the due course. It hurts me too if INDIA loses, even today - but what I look for in a game and coach and players is entirely different than what few of you are looking for. From What I am seeing and the signs I am getting from players and coaches are very very encouraging for the future of football. I just hope no one in AIFF tries to get involved in this whole process and mess it up. I do respect every ones opinion and comments. But I am also trying to make others to understand what is happening there and how it is going to benefit INDIAN football. I know I do not have to type this long - but I just like to see INDIA become better at football. If anyone wants to discuss any other details - please feel free to let me know I would be more than happy to share what I know.
    giridharanDeb_BangoalkeeparCarbon_14Chelseafan