indian arrows : Future

Comments

• mk11mayurmk11mayur 0 Points
    I have got a personal view in all this Indian Arrows thing going around. You may agree; you may not.

Firstly, making a National team out of players (mostly) from one club is denying other good players opportunity to shine in the national colors.

From the beginning, I have always hated the concept of India Arrows. You guys might think that the national team comes first. But what about the domestic league..? Instead of giving only a selected few players the chance, I believe every one should be given an equal chance of earning a place in the national team.

Some people have mentioned sending U-23 team to 2nd division clubs in Europe. But then, whats the guarantee that they will get the proper training over there. Why will the clubs provide someone with facilities when that someone won't be of much use to them..? Coz frankly speaking no Indian would want to play in the 2nd division club in Europe (countries other than England).

Some say "Whats the guarantee that Jeje will start in every match..?"
    Well, you are right..!!! Jeje will not start in every match. No one will start in every match. Coz everyone in the team will get an oppurtunity.

I believe that the National Team won't make progress until the Domestic setup is proper.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    I have got a personal view in all this Indian Arrows thing going around. You may agree; you may not.

Firstly, making a National team out of players (mostly) from one club is denying other good players opportunity to shine in the national colors.

From the beginning, I have always hated the concept of India Arrows. You guys might think that the national team comes first. But what about the domestic league..? Instead of giving only a selected few players the chance, I believe every one should be given an equal chance of earning a place in the national team.

Some people have mentioned sending U-23 team to 2nd division clubs in Europe. But then, whats the guarantee that they will get the proper training over there. Why will the clubs provide someone with facilities when that someone won't be of much use to them..? Coz frankly speaking no Indian would want to play in the 2nd division club in Europe (countries other than England).

Some say "Whats the guarantee that Jeje will start in every match..?"
    Well, you are right..!!! Jeje will not start in every match. No one will start in every match. Coz everyone in the team will get an oppurtunity.

I believe that the National Team won't make progress until the Domestic setup is proper.
    Ia is a temporary procedure taken by aiff so that the youth players donot suffer much due to a lack of a proper domestic structure. Btw by 2nd tier leagues i didnot mean 2nd div leagues of top european leagues i meant first div of countries like denmark, sweden, swiss etc
    Ia is a temporary procedure taken by aiff so that the youth players donot suffer much due to a lack of a proper domestic structure. Btw by 2nd tier leagues i didnot mean 2nd div leagues of top european leagues i meant first div of countries like denmark, sweden, swiss etc

But still the concept sucks. Coz why offer only a few players the privileges..?
    2nd tier or 2nd division, the point is that "Why will the clubs provide someone with facilities when that someone won't be of much use to them..?"

All AIFF does is temporary, and thats what should change.

Also AIFF can't field their own team in the league according to AFC regulations.
    And the new group will want to win trophies (They have invested and will want returns). For that, you need quality experience in your squad. You just can't win trophies with a young squad.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

2nd tier or 2nd division, the point is that "Why will the clubs provide someone with facilities when that someone won't be of much use to them..?"

Also AIFF can't field their own team in the league according to AFC regulations.
    And the new group will want to win trophies (They have invested and will want returns). For that, you need quality experience in your squad. You just can't win trophies with a young squad.

Winning trophies is hardly the priority for this team...and talking about priviliges..these players have been selected on merit and so getting it....its responsibility of clubs to provide academy for local talents to prosper......if u think selected players sudn't deserve priviliges then probably u also don't like the fact our u15 team (16 boys) trained in IMG academy..i dont know how can we expect AIFF top provide uniform facilities to all all of a sudden, this requires years...its just a start...we can see how many of these players making to the National team by merit like jeje and raju...do u think if arrows were not there such players wud have been discovered?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    With the sponsorship money, AIFF should have persuaded Pailan group to sponsor the I-leage 2nd Div or the I-league U19.

Basically I agree in what mk11mayur has said. Playing IA in the I-league is a double-headed compromise. One, the professionalism of the league is compromised (the league could have done better with one more pro club), and two, the development of Indian U19/U21 is compromised (they should really be playing international matches, not waste time in I-league).

But the present arrangement is a temporary one. And as mk11mayur has said, I fear lest it becomes permanently temporary arrangement!

Winning trophies is hardly the priority for this team...and talking about priviliges..these players have been selected on merit and so getting it....its responsibility of clubs to provide academy for local talents to prosper......if u think selected players sudn't deserve priviliges then probably u also don't like the fact our u15 team (16 boys) trained in IMG academy..i dont know how can we expect AIFF top provide uniform facilities to all all of a sudden, this requires years...its just a start...we can see how many of these players making to the National team by merit like jeje and raju...do u think if arrows were not there such players wud have been discovered?

See, you got my whole point in the wrong way.
    Do u think if arrows were not there such players wud have been discovered?
    They were discovered and thats the reason Arrows was made.

Now Arrows game was full of long balls (which of course, everyone hated....!!!). They didn't play a passing game at all. Now, as you saw, our U-23 team mainly consisted of Arrows players. And so the game plan remained the same even when there were some players from different clubs. What I am saying is that let them play for their respective clubs, where they can learn a lot more than at Arrows.

Also you say
    Winning trophies is hardly the priority for this team.
    Then why play such a team in the Top Flight..?
    There are many teams around there, who want to win trophies. Last year when Mahindra disbanded, ideally it should have been considered as a relegated team & the team finishing second from bottom (Sporting Clube de Goa) should have been allowed to take Mahindra's place. But that didn't happen. And Sporting Clube were denied justice. They were even on the verge of disbanding their own team. Now that is what happens when AIFF makes such stupid decisions.

U16 etc.. training at IMG academies is great." As we don't have a proper setup ". That is what we have been saying for years.

So everything finally comes to your Domestic Setup, Domestic League. And thats what I am saying.

With the sponsorship money, AIFF should have persuaded Pailan group to sponsor the I-leage 2nd Div or the I-league U19.

Basically I agree in what mk11mayur has said. Playing IA in the I-league is a double-headed compromise. One, the professionalism of the league is compromised (the league could have done better with one more pro club), and two, the development of Indian U19/U21 is compromised (they should really be playing international matches, not waste time in I-league).

But the present arrangement is a temporary one. And as mk11mayur has said, I fear lest it becomes permanently temporary arrangement!

This year we had U19 League which was ironically won by JCT, whose Senior team got relegated and were disbanded.

And Deb_Ban, it will sadly remain a "permanent" temporary arrangement...!!!
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Jeje Lalpekhlua set to return to Pune FC

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.punefc.com/news-details.aspx?News_ID=411&type=recent">http://www.punefc.com/news-details.aspx ... ype=recent</a><!-- m -->
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Please Release The Players For Indian Arrows Once More – AIFF President Praful Patel Requests I-League Clubs

Praful Patel, the president of the All India Football Federation (AIFF), stated that the players who were contracted with I-League clubs and represented the Indian Arrows last season should be allowed to play for the “developmental” side for the 2011-12 season as well.

In what was an expected series of events as the AIFF hoped that the ten players, namely Jeje Lalpekhlua (Pune FC), Jewel Raja, Tirthankar Sarkar, Jagtar Singh (Mohun Bagan), Lalrindika Ralte (Churchill Brothers SC), Raju Gaikwad, Abhishek Das, Gurpreet Singh, Milan Singh and Subodh Kumar (East Bengal), would continue to play for Indian Arrows, who were officially acquired by the Palian World Group.

"I would request all the clubs to release the players for Indian Arrows because we cannot order them to do it. Releasing players for Indian Arrows is like contributing for a national clause. We have seen the fruits of the hardwork behind Indian Arrows."

"We shall soon start a dialogue with the clubs regarding the same issue. If the market needs us to pay a transfer fee we can think about it," said Patel.

Last week in a meeting held between the above mentioned players and the AIFF, there was a discussion as to whether the former wanted to continue with Indian Arrows.

The players mentioned that should the financial side be taken care of, i.e., to match the offers they are receiving in the market, they would be glad to stay with the Indian Arrows.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2011/07/10/2569042/i-league-please-release-the-players-for-indian-arrows-once">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/ ... rrows-once</a><!-- m -->
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    New Delhi: All India Football Federation (AIFF) is likely to rope in former national coach Sukhwinder Singh to work for its Calcutta-based developmental side, Indian Arrows.

Though a final decision is yet to be taken, Sukhwinder, sources said, could be offered the post of technical director. The inclusion of Sukhwinder, popularly known as Sukhi, in the coaching staff, federation officials feel, will give the necessary impetus to Indian Arrows, which has lost several players in the inter-club transfer market.

Sukhwinder, known for his ability to produce a host of talented players for JCT over the years, is currently without a club after the Phagwara side decided to close shop.

It was, however, not clear what will be the role of Desmond Bulpin, who was appointed the Indian Arrows coach last season. The British coach was also given the charge of the Indian pre-Olympic squad last month.

Bhaichung Bhutia’s wait to return to the national team could turn out to be a longer one as India’s tour of England for a three-match series against Pakistan could fall through. According to sources, the tour organisers have asked the AIFF to postpone the tour till the first week of September.

THE TELEGRAPH Calcutta
  • MidlajjMidlajj 134 Points
    AIFF names squad for Indian Arrows - Squad:
    Goalkeepers: Naveen Kumar, Ravi Kumar, Kamaljeet Singh
    Defenders: Avinaba Bag, Deepak Devrani, Gurtej Singh, Prathamesh Maulingkar, Amarwant Singh, Lalrozama fenai, Souvik Ghosh, Rajib Ghosh, Narayan Das, Vishal Kumar
    Midfielders: Bijendra Rai, Jibon Singh, Tirthankar Sarkar, Bikramjit Singh, Shilton D'Silva, Sehnaz Singh, Probir Das, Krishanu Banerjee, Lalnunka
    Forwards: Ajay Singh, Malswamfela, C S Sabeeth, Lalnunpuia, Holicharan Narzary.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/articleshow/9459743.cms"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/arti ... 459743.cms</a><!-- m -->