Dempo Club News

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Ashlesh I will explain it like this. John Johnson and Calum Angus are not massive pull-ins that will make someone come to watch straight away but they are enought to show that we are improving in India and signing players who are proven in more professional leagues. Not everyone will like it but many will.
    So you are telling me that in a state of 1,000,000 people we can not convince 10,000 to at least give a chance to the I-League? I don't believe that. All we need to do is get the word out that slowly the league is getting better. Better foreigners, better coaches, better Indians even. We also need to improve our image. One thing that is killing Indian football and the I-League is our image.

Our logo for example looks so amateurish and in a time where the internet is so massive the I-League website looks like something I would expect in the early 2000s. The TV production is also crappy and nothing is done to at least teach people about the I-League.

Until changes like these are made, as well as many others, we will continue to see the decline we are witnessing now. We can still change it but action needs to be taken now before it is to late.

Also, community... that shit be golden.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    @Ashlesh what about the tilak stadium for salgaocar matches this season? it is a small stadium with 7000 capacity....i did not see the stadium half full even once this season...even though the club is based in vasco....then why wont crowds come in??
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29249 Points
    It was half full people mostly seat in east stand because of sun in evening games
    "If I was not involved in Indian football since mybirth i would have been among those 90% who dnt give damm abt this league"

That quote is the basis of most my comments.
    And i am willing to say that is bullshit.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 the basic problem is not with just the improving quality of signing but the club's lack of interest in letting their fans - here i dont mean on social networking site- need to be known that they are signing someone who is worth watching....

can you imagine what will be the case if a clubs like churchill sign a world cup probable in lagos and other than hard core fans no one else knew how quality a signing it is? this is the situation it is currently in our league...

clubs not interested to show the fans how they are improving so you cant expect the fans to increase their interest....
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

Caetano Gracias (Pepe):
    Whenever you see a huge Dempo flag being waived, you can be rest assured that the man holding the flag is none other than Caetano Gracias. Popularly known as Pepe among supporters he keeps on urging Dempo players to give their best during the match.

Source : Dempo FB page
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    Sporting Clube de Goa hammer Dempo to complete Goan Double

#GFA #SCG #DSC