Dempo Club News

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    So, with Dempo back in form, how are the locals responding to Papas  and his team? sentiments have changed?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29248 Points
    No till they remove papas and play more goans
  • PennPenn 4 Points
    Goans no support football anyway, should only have one team in goa

Sporting no supporters
    Salgaokar no supporters
    Churchill no supporters
    Dempo win all championships and no still no supporters

Kolkata & Shillong only football crazy in India

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    edited April 2014
    So only Kolkata & Shillong clubs should play I-League. Why we need clubs from other States?
  • PennPenn 4 Points
    Goa talk football but no people for any games

what is football with no fans?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29248 Points
    U r wright man all 4 clubs from goa should withdraw for I League then they should become professional club by changing their name,doing promotion to bring back the crowds from 80s. This is for goa but what about kolkata i think all 4 clubs from kolkata should also withdraw for I league because i think they are still in british era.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Goa has support... tons of it. Look at the recent Lusophony Games if you don't believe that. The problem is that the I-League clubs fail to market themselves well enough and that all of them are not even based in Margao but instead Vasco or Panjim. At the same time you also got typical reasons like people watching Euro leagues or people knowing how sometimes stupid Indian football is but proper marketing should make those reasons mean nothing.

@Ashlesh The Arab nations are funded my oil. They dont need crowds right now. 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree but also we need a better image. You said that the people in Goa believe that I-League=village football. Well, would Carlos Hernandez, a Costa Rican international, play in a village league? Would John Johnson, a former Premier League player, play in a village league player, play in a village league? Would Calum Angus, a former Swede 2nd tier player, play in a village league?

The answer is no but people wont see that if the clubs and league make them see it. Sure, it wont convine a majority of Eurosnobs but I sm sure 10,000 heads can be turned.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2014
    I think that Goa stadiums attract more crowd then Pune FC. How many tickets are sold at Pune FC games??? Proper records of attendance is not made in India. Many people are either free school children or Pass/VIP Pass/ Staff Pass holders.

Marketing Point is correct. Clubs need to connect more to the community. Visit to Schools,Colleges, Marketing at Local Bands, Concerts, Hotels, Pubs. Transportation facilities on Match days should be provided. Camp and Football Gear to kids from Local communities. Run it as a business.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Clubs need to be "club" not a hobby of few rich people.