2021 SAFF Championship

Comments

• RaghsRaghs Chennai654 Points
    at this rate, I think if I say that "Stimac is doing a good job" on Twitter. I will be selected for NT. I have no damn clue why Bheke and Bose are still in there.
    munna219777sudheermylankal
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    edited October 2021
    Take my word for it, in another year or so, Bangladesh will thrash us 3-0 or 5-0!  Too much lobbying in coach and player selections. I would eat my word and say bring Constantine back. These so called "ball players" like Brandon, Liston, Sahal are so absolute shit, its just a waste of bandwidth to even see their faces, forget to watch them play. 

Indian players are overpaid and underplayed domestically. Stimac is a shit coach, he can only talk out of his ass. We wont qualify for AFC Asian Cup anway, so why not sack him NOW!
    munna219777ashindiagiridharanRaghssouravindiaCarbon_14goalkeeparAbhishekdeepak dedha
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Too sad and disappointed to say anything about oday's match.... Just that Stimac is killing football in India! Any budding youngster watching out NT play such shit will never be inspired to chose football as a career. Wim Koevermans was still better than Stimac - under him we only struggled against relatively stronger teams like Nepal and Myanmar! But to not win or score against Sri Lanka is a whole new low for India! Next we'll be struggling against the likes of Bhutan! 
    munna219777ashindiagiridharangoalkeeparAbhishekindian_gooner
  • arunskumararunskumar Kerala339 Points
    Bose and Bheke played as center backs, they are not responsible for creating and scoring goals, its our coach's tactics, midfielders,wingers and strikers who let us down in these matches. Lady commentator was spot on about the frustation our players shown even in the initial minutes of the match. Same mentality was seen in Bengaluru fc players last season. Coach lacking ideas, players under pressure to deliver and frustation showing all over. When Constantine was the coach atleast we thought the better players were not selected in the squad that why we are losing. Here Stimac has the best players (almost) available in squad and he still loses. 
    munna219777dev_pfcindian_gooner
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    The current set of players are a big step down from Consti's team. The current crop of midfielders cant hold, pass, shoot or help the defense. How does a Brandon, Liston, Rahim Ali, Sahal, Manvir gets the India jersey? Ask Sunil, he would know.
    munna219777goalkeeparAbhishekdev_pfcPassi
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30215 Points
    ashindia said:
    Stimac needs to go no doubt about it, but the manner how our players are playing is shocking. Everything needs to be revamped starting with coach and then domestic season calendar etc. 

ISL is overhyped league producing players with poor mentality. Players from Goa state league or I-League would have given better effort today.
    True. So might players from the CFL, many youngsters have come up with performances that could give these over-hyped players a run for their money.
    munna219777souravindiagiridharanAbhishek
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    edited October 2021
    Why I am not surprised?

All Indian players are hyped even by many on this forum just on the basis of some random performances against random teams in random leagues.

Not long ago people were downvoted for saying Liston was a sub standard player. I blame the members of this forum too. 1 good tackle 1 good dribble 1 good goal against some sub standard opposition doesn't make you a good player.

Indian players are consistent when it comes to sub standard plays. That's why we are bad at football. 1 good play will only win you a match here or there and that's what happened in Constantine era. Not much has changed from then to now.

Infact all those players we wanted in that team are getting chances in this team and still failing.
    giridharanDeb_BanAbhishekkartik91
    Bose and Bheke played as center backs, they are not responsible for creating and scoring goals, its our coach's tactics, midfielders,wingers and strikers who let us down in these matches. Lady commentator was spot on about the frustation our players shown even in the initial minutes of the match. Same mentality was seen in Bengaluru fc players last season. Coach lacking ideas, players under pressure to deliver and frustation showing all over. When Constantine was the coach atleast we thought the better players were not selected in the squad that why we are losing. Here Stimac has the best players (almost) available in squad and he still loses. 
    idk mate, but there are a whole lot of better players at the NT pool. no idea why Stimac ain't selecting them.
    AshishKaul
    Did you know: Sri Lanka is the lowest-ranked "Country" in the FIFA rankings(205) out of their list of 210 ranked teams. Among the rest rankings, 3 are overseas British coral Island, one overseas US island, and San Marino, a small municipality in Italy.

Trust in the process or something lmao?
    AshishKaulnamewtheldCarbon_14munna219777Abhishekindian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    After isl, india level has came down to semi pro sri Lankans
    munna219777Deb_BanAbhishekAshishKaulindian_gooner