King's Cup 2023

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Indian team has improved tactically compared to earlier years when we used to lose big. Now the players know the roles and are aware how to position themselves. Other aspect we improved is that we are physically much fitter and stronger.

Still need to improve a lot technically.
    reddevil87Ronnysouravindiaindian_goonergoalkeepargiridharanAbhishek
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    Guys I missed the match.  I missed indian national teams match. That much work pressure I am having. I can't imagine I missed india vs iraq live
    ashindia
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @cheseafan - Glad to see your positive comments, after couple of years. You remember how you used to bash Stimac couple of years back. Not trying to pick on you - when someone with experience expert speaks - you listen and try to understand as much. Happy for every Indian fans :) Still needs lot of work to be done at domestic level.
    ashindiaRonnygoalkeeparAbhishek
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Kool said:
    @cheseafan - Glad to see your positive comments, after couple of years. You remember how you used to bash Stimac couple of years back. Not trying to pick on you - when someone with experience expert speaks - you listen and try to understand as much. Happy for every Indian fans :) Still needs lot of work to be done at domestic level.
    Yeah 2 yrs back Indian team was playing and drawing against Nepal and Sri Lanka. So obviously Stomach got the criticism. Now that NT is playing well, Stomach gets the praises. And who is this "experienced expert" whom I should have listened and understood - you? 🤣😂
    ashindia
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Our rivals Afghanistan played out a goalless draw with Bangladesh while we drew with Iraq..shows our massive improvement 
    Abhishek
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    That match was played in Bashundara kings areana. Just like stadium of english lower division clubs. When will indian clubs build their own stadium? 
    ashindiaDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3644 Points
    That match was played in Bashundara kings areana. Just like stadium of english lower division clubs. When will indian clubs build their own stadium? 
    Our Indian clubs want to rely on AIFF for charity. They will mindlessly spend on foreign players than actually taking the hit and building proper infrastructure. They will hire and fire coaches than build a system from while having young coaches to senior level playing an identical style. They will never trust/value an Indian coach or rather encourage our young coaches to pursue it. We will always have a huge gap in player pool if our clubs cannot change this backwards mindset. Our stadium infra is miles behind from developed for this matter. We can't commercialize/monetize and give the fans even a good atmosphere to enjoy. Imagine a football crazy state like Kerala/Kolkata have to view the games where they are not even close to the action. Having a football specific stadium and commercial items will greatly increase the revenue and greatly will enhance their viewing experience. We need more stadiums like Transstadia biting dust to be built/used.
    haritrams24ashindiaAbhishekRonnyindian_goonerSukun
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    edited September 2023
    somehow I didn't like Transstadia. Ambience is not great, and it is overly hyped stadium. 

Also building 25k football specific stadium in all places is not worthy. Maybe it will be good in Kerala, Kolkata, Goa & Bengaluru. 

Even Thai League clubs play in multi-purpose stadiums. There are few exceptions like Chang Arena(Buriram United), Thunderdome(Muangthong), BG Stadium(Pathum United) & PAT Stadium(Port FC).

Even 700th Anniversary Stadium(hosts for Kings Cup) is not a football specific stadium. I personally like Ambedkar Stadium(Delhi) & Chang Arena and games over there are most electrifying. But building & maintaining 32k+ football specific stadium is very costly. Indian clubs need to build small stadiums like Thunderdome, BG Stadium, Tilak Maidan & Duler Stadium(Goa) & Mumbai Football Arena.
    ashindiaindian_gooner
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Basundhara Arena is in a composite sports complex. It is an one-off affair. Other Bangla clubs including Abahani do not own their stadium.
    We had similar clubs like JCT who had their own stadium. Of course, that was a different era and was not commercialized like these days. However, we decided these clubs were a drag on football progress and kicked them out. We now have faith on cloud-based seasonal clubs who do not have their own offices, forget stadium. Hope we skyrocket to football glory soon.
    goalkeeparsouravindiaAbhishekashindiathebeautifulgameindian_goonergiridharan