King's Cup 2023

Comments

• I noticed one thing. Indian players slipping too often . Not only this team, the team played in Vietnam friendlies and the under 17 played in Thailand all seems to loss their footings too easily. What is the problem . What kind of studs they are using. The problem is not the pitch , some thing else

• samsam 16430 Points

After every loss, it seems like everyone suddenly becomes a football expert, eager to share their opinions on what should or shouldn't have happened. However, we often overlook the positive transformations our team has undergone in each match. Who could have thought that we would string together more than three passes and successfully breach the opposition's box? Our defenders have evolved, now capable of executing precise long grounded passes, and our defensive efforts resemble that of a team, with wingers tracking back effectively. Even our fullbacks have expanded their roles beyond mere defending.

What truly matters to me, beyond the results, is how we now compete on an equal footing with elite clubs in our region. Even the top clubs experience defeats from time to time, but that doesn't mean they are shit, and the same goes for us. I don't mind the occasional loss, as long as our team continues to give their all.

Don't term us as just 'everyone'. We, Indian football fans live and breathe indian football. Its naturally to react and talk about things or persons close to your heart, especially when they are in action.
    ashindiadeepak dedhasouravindiagoalkeeparindian_goonerChelseafangaffertapeAbhishek
  • samsam 16430 Points
    I noticed one thing. Indian players slipping too often . Not only this team, the team played in Vietnam friendlies and the under 17 played in Thailand all seems to loss their footings too easily. What is the problem . What kind of studs they are using. The problem is not the pitch , some thing else

Could it be the mismatch between the fitness/stamina and the passionate 'now or never' efforts players are putting?
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    I have said this earlier and I will say it again, Stimach is a shit coach! Just like in Constantin era, its the players who are carrying him. AIFF should have replace him before the Asian Cup, Stimach will give only excuses. 
    Nagendrasouravindiagaffertapedev_pfcAbhishek
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    edited September 2023
    Igor Stamic again took help from a astrologer for the King's cup but failed, now Stamic is refusing to give back players passports, till now all stamic success was due to astrologer 
    indian_goonersouravindiagiridharanashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3640 Points
    I have said this earlier and I will say it again, Stimach is a shit coach! Just like in Constantin era, its the players who are carrying him. AIFF should have replace him before the Asian Cup, Stimach will give only excuses. 
    Initial transition days we suffered. But deserving players got a chance as opposed to players like Lord Passi. Stimac also had the chance to play competing teams which are of way better standard than Constantine era playing just SAFF teams.

We fail to appreciate the young players. When given a chance to compete with top teams they are adapting well. Coach can only do so far. But they are playing to their limits with confidence. They have stepped up under Stimac. Also, The problem with Constantine was he was happy with whatever AIFF throws in. He was happy to do FIFA sessions and just focus on what AIFF gives for him. Never once I have seen Constantine criticize the AIFF or Patel for ruining Indian football. Though Stimac is a little overboard. He is thinking of ways to make this team better in Asia. He is thinking of taking OCI players. Finally AIFF is willing to listen to a national team coach. Agreed we can always upgrade with a better coach than Stimac. I think the way we played and scored against Iraq not sure if we have seen any progressive football like that in years before. Losing is fine if we play to our potential.

In this same forum when I mentioned I-League should have domestic players everyone was against it. But we will never fill the void for national team without having an identity built. I still don't understand how some random foreign players help bring sponsorship money to the league. They can build good young coaches and build academies and develop local talents. They can generate revenue building stadiums, selling local players for a fee. It is better than signing some random guys for huge money and not owning anything. If you own assets like stadium you can sell it for the worse when you close down. In Indian football we just close shop and take loss because you never had any assets to begin with.

AIFF should work in a way that tomo an I-League 2 club can pass the AFC criteria and play in top tier. This will be the way forward. To all of us, we have been following Indian football for a long time. We never had a 3 tier club ecosystem. We need to be conscious of how we start it. Or this will fail and clubs will shut shop based on our past trends.
    goalkeeparDeb_BanshibierRonnyAbhishek
    Totally Agree with your Stamic Part I totally disagree with your 2nd part.

You are saying I league clubs should ""They can build good young coaches and build academies and develop local talents. They can generate revenue building stadiums, selling local players for a fee."'

When your ISL clubs are not interested in academy's, or to devop local talent, when your ISL clubs can't afford stadium how will I league? Btw I league clubs are making money buy selling players, so first this questions to privately owned league franchises.
    Deb_Bandev_pfc
    Let's talk about academy.
    I league vs ISL
    Aizawl - No academy but good youth system feeds mizo talent in indian football
    Churchill brothers - no academy
    Delhi FC - Minerva academy
    Gokulam Kerala - no academy
    Inter Kashi - new club 
    Mohammedan - no academy
    Namdhari - owns residential academy
    Neroca - no academy
    Rajasthan United - owns residential academy
    Real Kashmir - no academy
    Shillong Lajong - top class youth development system
    Deccan fc - owns residential academy and stadium
    Trau - no academy

BFC - no academy
    Cfc - no academy
    East Bengal - no academy
    FC Goa - no academy
    Hyderabad - no money for youth teams 
    Jamshedpur - has residential academy
    Kerala blasters - no money for youth teams
    Mohun Bagan - has residential academy
    Mumbai city - no academy
    NorthEast united - no office in NorthEast forget academy
    Odisha fc - no academy
    Punjab FC - no academy

Now see who is developing football and who is not 

G_KDeb_BanashindiaNagendraAbhishek
  • BFC has residential academy. Infact there are videos on  youtube on how they are working.
    Nagendragaffertapemohammed_87hassan
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I think even East Bengal has an academy somewhere in Bengal. 
    But moving from that, if you want clubs to invest in tangible assets like stadiums and academies which require large investments, AIFF have to show them the road map for revenue generation through which clubs can recoup their investments. Why will clubs 8nvest more money 8nto creating facilities when they are already in the red, paying annual participation fee and player salaries etc? This revenue can come from various sources like telecasting rights of the league, commercial match day sales, sponsorships, proceeds from player transfer fees etc. AIFF can atleast make a start by inviting competitive buds for broadcasting rights of ISL and maybe creating a partnership with a betting company or sports fantasy websites which can sponsor the league. The revenue generated can be shared equally with all clubs. This will be a start. Once clubs see some revenue trickling towards them consistently, they will be 8ncentivised to invest more in the sport. 
    goalkeeparindian_gooner