King's Cup 2023

1234568»

Comments

• Simple equation is a capping on expenditure through ratio of investment in academies/infra etc and age specific teams vs main team. Without the requisites spend in youth development you cannot expend in your main team. 
    giridharanDeb_Banindian_goonerAbhishek
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3641 Points
    Let's talk about academy.
    I league vs ISL
    Aizawl - No academy but good youth system feeds mizo talent in indian football
    Churchill brothers - no academy
    Delhi FC - Minerva academy
    Gokulam Kerala - no academy
    Inter Kashi - new club 
    Mohammedan - no academy
    Namdhari - owns residential academy
    Neroca - no academy
    Rajasthan United - owns residential academy
    Real Kashmir - no academy
    Shillong Lajong - top class youth development system
    Deccan fc - owns residential academy and stadium
    Trau - no academy

BFC - no academy
    Cfc - no academy
    East Bengal - no academy
    FC Goa - no academy
    Hyderabad - no money for youth teams 
    Jamshedpur - has residential academy
    Kerala blasters - no money for youth teams
    Mohun Bagan - has residential academy
    Mumbai city - no academy
    NorthEast united - no office in NorthEast forget academy
    Odisha fc - no academy
    Punjab FC - no academy

Now see who is developing football and who is not 

Though this list is debatable with BFC, MCFC and FC Goa. I am happy few I-league clubs are moving towards Academy. IMO Delhi with Minerva and Shillong has given us so many players and I am not here to discredit them. What is laughable is you bring Namdhari and Rajasthan United as feeders to produce Indian players. That's a debate for future. It is good to put it there for argument sake. We should not have partisan views. You criticized ATK when Atletico owned them but now when they own another club in I-League you are willing to be flexible. We need to learn to forget the past wounds and try to do what is best for our Indian players. Even if we allow foreign players for the next few season in I-League we should ban having players in the first half. We are severely lacking creativity barring Sahal and a few. We need more players there.

If you guys think they will need foreign players to improve let them play against better foreign defenders then. That will serve to improve them. We have barely 7-8 clubs doing some level of youth teams. If I-league is able to produce and scout these players into their teams we will start seeing the changes in 3-4 seasons. This has happened in many countries. S.Korea had a ban in early 2000 on the lower league which saw them improve domestic players by giving them opportunities. Algeria did it recently. There are many countries which have done this and seen results. What our national coach has said is not without any thought process or something. I am not here to polarize the differences between I-League and ISL. As unfortunate I-League was in treatment from FSDL as per AFC they are second tier league officially now. We need to plan it better to have a better future. 
    indian_goonerAbhishek
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    Guys, let us continue these discussions in the appropriate thread, I-League vs ISL or whichever thread you deem appropriate

Cheers!
    indian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Let's talk about academy.
    I league vs ISL
    Aizawl - No academy but good youth system feeds mizo talent in indian football
    Churchill brothers - no academy
    Delhi FC - Minerva academy
    Gokulam Kerala - no academy
    Inter Kashi - new club 
    Mohammedan - no academy
    Namdhari - owns residential academy
    Neroca - no academy
    Rajasthan United - owns residential academy
    Real Kashmir - no academy
    Shillong Lajong - top class youth development system
    Deccan fc - owns residential academy and stadium
    Trau - no academy

BFC - no academy
    Cfc - no academy
    East Bengal - no academy
    FC Goa - no academy
    Hyderabad - no money for youth teams 
    Jamshedpur - has residential academy
    Kerala blasters - no money for youth teams
    Mohun Bagan - has residential academy
    Mumbai city - no academy
    NorthEast united - no office in NorthEast forget academy
    Odisha fc - no academy
    Punjab FC - no academy

Now see who is developing football and who is not 

Though this list is debatable with BFC, MCFC and FC Goa. I am happy few I-league clubs are moving towards Academy. IMO Delhi with Minerva and Shillong has given us so many players and I am not here to discredit them. What is laughable is you bring Namdhari and Rajasthan United as feeders to produce Indian players. That's a debate for future. It is good to put it there for argument sake. We should not have partisan views. You criticized ATK when Atletico owned them but now when they own another club in I-League you are willing to be flexible. We need to learn to forget the past wounds and try to do what is best for our Indian players. Even if we allow foreign players for the next few season in I-League we should ban having players in the first half. We are severely lacking creativity barring Sahal and a few. We need more players there.

If you guys think they will need foreign players to improve let them play against better foreign defenders then. That will serve to improve them. We have barely 7-8 clubs doing some level of youth teams. If I-league is able to produce and scout these players into their teams we will start seeing the changes in 3-4 seasons. This has happened in many countries. S.Korea had a ban in early 2000 on the lower league which saw them improve domestic players by giving them opportunities. Algeria did it recently. There are many countries which have done this and seen results. What our national coach has said is not without any thought process or something. I am not here to polarize the differences between I-League and ISL. As unfortunate I-League was in treatment from FSDL as per AFC they are second tier league officially now. We need to plan it better to have a better future. 
    Ok let's go point by point 
    * Ok maybe BFC has a academy where they keep all there age frauds from Northeast, but I'm 100% sure that Mcfc and fcgoa has no academy
    *I have not claimed Namdhari and Rajasthan as feeder clubs I just said they have residential academy, please read my comment again
    *I never criticized ATK for having Atletico Madrid as a investor, I only didn't like the name ATK, if I have criticized foreginer investment in indian football you can provide the link for that comment, btw Atletico Madrid has just 5% of inter Kashi just like they had of ATK there are more of Technical partner's real owners are indian company's.
    * I don't know what is your logic is if you think banning foreginers in first half of I league matches will create sahals ? Only for that sahal to go and seat on ISL bench as that position is taken by a foreigner in ISL, so this to work foreginers should be banned in both leagues and not only in 1st half
    * If you ban foreigners in I league the quality of Indian players will fall even Lower as there is no competition for the position even shit players will take there positions for granted, undeserving players will be paid high salary's by I league clubs which will kill there desire to improve as they know they will have job security as there is no competition.
    * 2nd you put i league clubs at massive disadvantage in Federation and Durand cup and a club promoted without foreginers will go back down from isl to I league as there is no cohesion between new foreginers and indian, this is your and your employers main goal.
    ashindiaDeb_Ban