FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 in India

Comments

• Rudra, Reddevil... you guys dont get it at all.

WE ARE NOT ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE NOT SPAIN! WE ARE NOT JAPAN! WE ARE NOT ITALY! WE ARE NOT SCOTLAND! WE ARE NOT SOUTH KOREA! WE ARE NOT AN ARABIC COUNTRY!!!! Do you guys know what is similar about these countries! They are all small in land size!

Now tell me... what leagues are successful that have huge ass land sizes! That is right only the United States and Australia! (Yes they are better than big places like Brazil etc)

You know why those leagues are successful! THEY SCATTER THE TEAMS ALL OVER THERE COUNTRIES! Yes I know Australia has 9 of its 10 Australian based clubs located in the South but at least its one team per city (exception being Melbourne with 2 teams). Major League Soccer has 19 clubs all around the United States and a thriving 8 team Second Division with all the second division clubs in markets with NO MLS TEAM! That is what we need for India. A closed market franchise league with more than 4 states being represented! We need a team in Chennai, Delhi, Punjab, Kerala, Bangalore, Nagpur and other places that have football support but are not marketed enough. That is why I said we need 2 teams ONLY in West Bengal. No more, no less. If a city like Siliguri wants a pro team then they make one and play in the 2nd Division but that is how far they go.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Thankfully football still rewards merit than quota system...oh yes, in India everything has quota....Quality comes first otherwise, how many people watched football for teams like HAL, JCT, Chirag Kerala, Mumbai FC? nobody will care to see poor quality teams even if there name is affiliated to the state names....

one can't do a force feeding quota system, from this state i want 2 club etc etc...

The states whose clubs are unable to represent needs to put more efforts in their football development or they sud just perish....why would one sacrifice a better club for a mediocre club in national league....

For people who watch FOOTBALL in field or TV or Internet or however, they want quality and excitement.... Theory sounds good but cant get people to follow.... Forget 2, I can accept no representation from Bengal also, if they clubs are kicked out in the field while competing....I can accept 14 teams from Goa if they are so good as to remove all other clubs from the league....Survival of the fittest...thats how the National team will be strong

But how does this discussion come under this thread??? When did I mention anything as such to provoke that?
  • Thankfully football still rewards merit than quota system...oh yes, in India everything has quota....Quality comes first otherwise, how many people watched football for teams like HAL, JCT, Chirag Kerala, Mumbai FC? nobody will care to see poor quality teams even if there name is affiliated to the state names....

one can't do a force feeding quota system, from this state i want 2 club etc etc...

The states whose clubs are unable to represent needs to put more efforts in their football development or they sud just perish....why would one sacrifice a better club for a mediocre club in national league....

For people who watch FOOTBALL in field or TV or Internet or however, they want quality and excitement.... Theory sounds good but cant get people to follow.... Forget 2, I can accept no representation from Bengal also, if they clubs are kicked out in the field while competing....I can accept 14 teams from Goa if they are so good as to remove all other clubs from the league....Survival of the fittest...thats how the National team will be strong

But how does this discussion come under this thread??? When did I mention anything as such to provoke that?

No nothing like that. I was also at the same time replying to what Reddevil said about having 4-6 clubs in one city in England.

Eitherway you make some good points but tell me... we have been doing that for the past 15-16 years. Allowing teams into the league based on quality on the pitch. How has that worked out? Not really good. Shit really and now this PLS, as much as I hate and think it will fail, could do well. I do hope when the AIFF start the new franchise league they copy MLS and not PLS or IPL. IPL is only famous in my opinion because cricket support in India was at its highest in 2007 and the IPL just brought it up a little.

Also I know it will be frustrating in a franchise league to have teams who cant get a crowd still play in the league but trust me, once the team gets marketed properly and the quality gets better throughout the league and sponsors come in every team should have a crowd.

BTW look at the US Soccer League Requirements I placed on this forum. Once you read it I bet you will think that the American way of running a league is better for India than Englands way for now.

BTW I hope that you dont think I did any personal attacks on you because when reading back our conversation it seemed like we were both getting angry at each other. Trust me I am not angry with you.

Also I will be posting a new thread on the I-League area about my own vision of what the Indian Football System should look like and how it should be ran. It will take me awhile to do this though so wait a few days.
  • Mate we are deviating from the topic, I guess we can have this discussion in "club relocation", let this be only for U-17 world cup bid. Anyways thought of checking the pros and cons of this. Fortunately enough I did not see any negatives in bidding for U-17 world cup.

1) Infrastructure development
    2) Youth development : Automatic participation to U-17 world cup, will really ignite the youth development.
    3) Youth Exposure : U-17 world cup is the hot zone for scouts from European countries for talent hunt. May be one or two players might selected by youth academy for future development by them. Note : youth transfer to academy does not require the work permit criteria.
    4) Media Attention
    5) Increase in fans : This is more of a hope rather than actual positive. I am sure FIFA would not keep any stone unturned in terms in marketing. hope this increase in number of fans following football specially Indian football.
    6) Corporates Investments : U-17 world cup being the best footballing activity in South Asia, I guess many corporates will interested in investing in football.

My only concern, will India be ready to host such competition? Seeing India hosting CWG and amount corruption involved in it, I am not sure.
  • Mate we are deviating from the topic, I guess we can have this discussion in "club relocation", let this be only for U-17 world cup bid. Anyways thought of checking the pros and cons of this. Fortunately enough I did not see any negatives in bidding for U-17 world cup.

1) Infrastructure development
    2) Youth development : Automatic participation to U-17 world cup, will really ignite the youth development.
    3) Youth Exposure : U-17 world cup is the hot zone for scouts from European countries for talent hunt. May be one or two players might selected by youth academy for future development by them. Note : youth transfer to academy does not require the work permit criteria.
    4) Media Attention
    5) Increase in fans : This is more of a hope rather than actual positive. I am sure FIFA would not keep any stone unturned in terms in marketing. hope this increase in number of fans following football specially Indian football.
    6) Corporates Investments : U-17 world cup being the best footballing activity in South Asia, I guess many corporates will interested in investing in football.

My only concern, will India be ready to host such competition? Seeing India hosting CWG and amount corruption involved in it, I am not sure.

We have 5 years to get ready and we already have huge stadiums (we also only need 5 stadiums) so just add some bucket seats. Maybe develop the area around the stadiums (parking, hotels etc) and we are rolling.

As for the u17 team we need to keep them at the IMG Academy then bring them to India in January 2017 and get them used to the heat and conditions of India. I bet you that the kids who play in the u17 World Cup 2017 will also play in Qatar 2022.
  • Wait. This occurred to me when I was creating the 2013 AFC U-22 Championship page. What are we going to do for training pitches.

I bet for the Salt Lake Stadium games the Mohun Bagan Ground and East Bengal Ground will be used as training grounds but they also need renovation.

Same in Sikkim. They only have Paljor Stadium. The North-East will only have one city represented in the U17 cup and looks like it could be Shillong as the JNS looks good there and I know they have that training pitch outside there stadium.

Also what about the Kaloor Stadium. They have a few stadiums but they need renovation.

Same in Mumbai.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Wait. This occurred to me when I was creating the 2013 AFC U-22 Championship page. What are we going to do for training pitches.

I bet for the Salt Lake Stadium games the Mohun Bagan Ground and East Bengal Ground will be used as training grounds but they also need renovation.

Same in Sikkim. They only have Paljor Stadium. The North-East will only have one city represented in the U17 cup and looks like it could be Shillong as the JNS looks good there and I know they have that training pitch outside there stadium.

Also what about the Kaloor Stadium. They have a few stadiums but they need renovation.

Same in Mumbai.
    ya a very important question and i doubt these training grounds availability even in regular i-league cities like goa or kochi along with mumbai and i can almost say there wont be any TG in chennai..
    may be they would hire some cricket training grounds for time being
  • Wait. This occurred to me when I was creating the 2013 AFC U-22 Championship page. What are we going to do for training pitches.

Same in Mumbai.
    ya a very important question and i doubt these training grounds availability even in regular i-league cities like goa or kochi along with mumbai and i can almost say there wont be any TG in chennai..
    may be they would hire some cricket training grounds for time being

I dont Chennai will get game. They have the Nehru Stadium but what else. Same with Goa. Fatorda is there best stadium and it is crap. Mumbai has Cooperage but what training grounds. I bet Mumbai and Air India will have training on school fields but that is not enough. U17 players need professional training grounds. Kolkata better but the MB and EB grounds from the Army (why does the Army even own those stadiums anyway) and renovate them. Sikkim vs Shillong will be an interesting battle. Sikkim needs a training ground or they wont get a game.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I dont Chennai will get game. They have the Nehru Stadium but what else. Same with Goa. Fatorda is there best stadium and it is crap. Mumbai has Cooperage but what training grounds. I bet Mumbai and Air India will have training on school fields but that is not enough. U17 players need professional training grounds. Kolkata better but the MB and EB grounds from the Army (why does the Army even own those stadiums anyway) and renovate them. Sikkim vs Shillong will be an interesting battle. Sikkim needs a training ground or they wont get a game.
    getting place for training ground in mumbai wont be difficult as there is azad maidan available too which aiff can talk with local body and get it available and anyway mdfa possess couple of grounds for their local league which shall be used...but the main problem in mumbai is gonna be the capacity of cooperage....