Indian Footballers for foreign trials

Comments

• He started and played the full 90 against Salgaocar last game so I guess he is fit but probably not up to full-fitness yet.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    If he played against Salgcr then no club will want him. Cant afford to concede that many.
  • Domnic wrote: »
    If he played against Salgcr then no club will want him. Cant afford to concede that many.

<br><div><br></div><div>Again, like I said above, he only just came back from injury. He is obviously not match-fit yet and was just pushed back into the squad as Nathan Hall had no other option.</div><div><br></div><div>And just because he happened to play in a game where his team lost by a score of 9-0 does not mean no one will look at him. How do we know he was fully at fault for the goals? United Sikkim have been giving goals up all season yet he always comes out as the shining star. Even after he played in games where they gave up 10 in 1 match and then 7 in another match he was still selected for the India national team. That means something doen't it?</div><div><br></div><div>Give him time.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I do not know if this is the right thread because we do not really have a "Indian players on foreign teams" thread, just the foreign trial one.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway, do you guys remember Adit Rastogi? The 21-year old Mumbai boy who joined the Genova International School of Soccer eventually graduated from the school and signed for Italian side Parma in the Serie A. However he was not good enough for them so he was loaned out to Hungarian 1st tier side Kaposvari Rakoczi for the rest of the Hungarian season.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">This happened all at the beginning of February and since we have not heard anything so naturally he faded from the limelight. However, he is back. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">He just made his debut in Hungary last Sunday. Not with the main team in the 1st tier but with their Reserve side. Now that is not a bad thing. Their Reserve team play right below the 1st team in the 2nd Division of Hungary. So ya, he came on in the 86th minute against Veszprem in which he did not do much. His team lost 2-1.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So, what do we think about this? We have an Indian born player actually playing in the 2nd Division of Hungary (however, only 4 minutes, but still).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also note for wikipedia users: We can not create his page yet. The Hungarian 2nd Division is not considered fully-professional on wikipedia and thus players are not notable from this league.</font></div>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    So, is he considered for India u-23 team??<br>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Bad wrote: »
    So, is he considered for India u-23 team??<br>

<br><br>No India NT straightaway ! Should be considered for Asian Player of the Year(Europe) what say. <br><br><br> :-?
    bida 25
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Does this mean that he has an Indian passport? If yes, then a very interesting prospect. We can do an article on him on IFN to bring him to the notice of the AIFF. May be they are not aware of him
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    No not really.<br><br>I would say World player of the year, what say<br> :-?
  • namewtheld wrote: »
    Does this mean that he has an Indian passport? If yes, then a very interesting prospect. We can do an article on him on IFN to bring him to the notice of the AIFF. May be they are not aware of him

<br><div><br></div><div>He was born and raised in India so I would guess that yes, he has an Indian passport. Also I doubt that his Academy would have hyped him up on facebook if he did not have a chance to play for India.</div><div><br></div><div>Also, lets not talk about national team. This is only 4 minutes in the 2nd Division of Hungary which includes mainly semi-pro clubs. And not to mention towards the end of the season.</div><div><br></div><div>Lets see if he can become a regular in the "B" team in Hungary and where he goes next season first and then talk about national team.</div>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    His Nationality is shown as Indian (soccerway.com) so this means he can potentially play for India.<br><br>Is this Division better than the I-league???<br><br>http://int.soccerway.com/teams/hungary/kaposvari-rakoczi-fc-ii/11880/<br><br>;