Indian Footballers for foreign trials

Comments

• harry191harry191 89 Points
    Personally for me an Indian footballer wherever he gets either to europe or us or latin america or any part of world.<br>the things which matter to me for a player are :<br>1)Playing time <br>2) Training facilities.<br><br>if he thinks the situation is better than the Indian scenario he should definatly try out .<br><br>sunil chetrri warming bench when in kansas city wizards: absloute rubbish.<br>similarly indian playing in Malaysian,Bangladesh premier league :  rubbish.<br> <br>ideally indians should stop thinking of usa/europe etc etc. <br><br>first we should try to geta decent shout in th elocal football league.<br><br>mehtab hussain to spain again will be of no use.what he will come back with is just some euros and holiday time.<br><br>happy to debate.<br>the following players in the current scenario atelest can hope to play in some 2nd divsion european or MLS.in the future.<br><br>lalkamal bhowmick,lalrindika ralte,gurpreet singh sandhu,lenny rodrigues,arata izumi,adil khan,holicharan,alwyn george,syed nabi,jewel raja.<br><br><br><br><br>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    harry191 wrote: »
    Personally for me an Indian footballer wherever he gets either to europe or us or latin america or any part of world.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">the things which matter to me for a player are :</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1)Playing time </font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) Training facilities.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">if he thinks the situation is better than the Indian scenario he should definatly try out .</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">sunil chetrri warming bench when in kansas city wizards: absloute rubbish.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">similarly indian playing in Malaysian,Bangladesh premier league :  rubbish.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> </font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">ideally indians should stop thinking of usa/europe etc etc. </font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">first we should try to geta decent shout in th elocal football league.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">mehtab hussain to spain again will be of no use.what he will come back with is just some euros and holiday time.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">happy to debate.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">the following players in the current scenario atelest can hope to play in some 2nd divsion european or MLS.in the future.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">lalkamal bhowmick,lalrindika ralte,gurpreet singh sandhu,lenny rodrigues,arata izumi,adil khan,holicharan,alwyn george,syed nabi,jewel raja.</font><br><br><br><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">i actually like think it as opposite when any indians try abroad,atleast they can see how they are againist other players,learn few new techniques and maybe different styles of practice </font></div>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    The day when lenny,adil and jewel raja would play in Europe will mean that i would have had the best dinner in my life as i would be dreaming epically.<br><br>Add Brandon and Uttam(the two flag bearers i would hope)India's best hopes of 1st Division football in the world.<br><br>Dika,Gurepreet and Alywn 2nd div or 3rd div at the moment.However.if they can improve themselves than they might play 1st div of 2nd tier countriesas they have age on their side.<br><br>Paul, Vineeth, Sandesh 3rd tier to 4th  tier.<br><br><br>Lalkamal,Nabi,Arata all decent players but maybe too late in their career for them to search for clubs.<br><br>Not sure about Holicharan.<br><br>Our U-16 guys i.e Myron Mendes and Klins mendes are also highly rated(not seen them play)<br><br><br>So i would say,decent upcoming players but we would know our actual level in 3-4 years time(near about when qualification for World Cup 2018 would start) as most of the players would have matured but as far as player quality is concerned,we surely are improving.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @Bad - seems like ur grand dinner wont happen!
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@Bad Like Rudra said, that dinner will not happen. First off Lenny Rodrigues, Adil Khan, and Jewel Raja are overrated. Excellent options for an I-League team but to think they can make it at a decent level abroad, let alone Europe, is putting expectations over the top. Lenny Rodrigues is a very one-dimensional player. He has speed and has an okay cross but other than that I don't see much in him. His shot is average and his passing is average. Among the current Indian midfielders I would say he is up there but no where near close getting the call abroad deservingly. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Adil Khan meanwhile is probably the most overrated player this season. He was really noticeable last season with a below par Sporting Clube de Goa. This season he has been invisible since the arrivals of Angel Berlanga and Juanfri. In fact, not many Indians in the Sporting team have made noise other than Bruno Colaco and Pratesh Shirodkar. And Jewel Raja, well, he is not the same man he was a year or two ago. He has lost a step in his run, he can easily be closed down, and his service has regressed and fitness wise, Rudra can tell you, he is not looking the best.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for Brandon Fernandes and Uttam Rai. Two very good footballers. Uttam I feel could play in the American 2nd Division soon while Brandon I can see in some Polish or Hungarian team. No, I will not go down to the English/Indian style of overrating a footballer from a young age by putting tremendous expectations on them. Uttam Rai for example may have scored 8 goals through the AFC U16s qualifiers and main tournament but keep in mind that 5 of those goals came against Kyrgyzstan, who gave up 20 goals in the 4 matches. He did score 2 goals against Uzbekistan but that is no sign of an MLS or EPL potential player. He is only 16 and playing in a great American soccer Academy so I hope he does well but not every youth will make it. Fernandes is just overrated since his trial. Sani Emmanuel of Nigeria had trials at Tottenham and Chelsea and was the golden boot winner during the 2009 FIFA U17 World Cup. Now he is barely playing in the Swiss 2nd Division.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Lalrindika Ralte, Alwyn George, and Gurpreet Singh are good players as well and yes, I agree that age will be a huge factor, however they are to overrated. We need to differentiate what makes an Indian footballer good in I-League and what would make them good abroad. There are differences. These 3 would be viewed as great players here in India but what would be said if they were in say, the J. League, where the players are faster, stronger, and more skillful. These guys would be laid waste on the bench or reserves and stunt development. The I-League is the best place for them right now. They are learning still the basics of the game and we don't want big ego heads if we send them out early. Wait till they are at least 23-24 and then make the move. Same with Sandesh and Paul (Who actually needs to cement himself as India's best). Vineeth may be to late. He is good but not mega good. He is 25 years old now and basically won't learn more.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The U16s, to early to tell. Myron looks good but I have not seen him yet so I will reserve judgement.</font></div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    The main problem with all is that wen someone talk abt abroad all started to think abt Europe and america.there are other leagues exist in this world which r better than i-league and our player can go there 4 trials..they just need gud agent.places i'm talkin abt is Qatar,saudi,china,iran,australia,newzeland..leagues..i'm not talkin abt only 1st div..2nd div. do include in them...first indian player shud try themselves in asian condition...which is esy to make in their team as compared to europe and america...if our players r gud enough other club will show intrest which is btr option instead of begging 4 trial in europe
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    edited May 2013
    The thing is, South Korea, Japan and China want players who have cemented themselves. There is 1 spot for AFC player in each team and I don't think they'd want an Indian player ... unless they're really, really good taking up that precious AFC space.<div><br></div><div>That being said, players looking for another way out of the India's I-League (cough Subrata Pal cough) are not going to make it big unless they have more experience. For example. Subrata Pal's highlight reel was Asian Cup 2011. He did make some great saves but let's be honest.. they still lost. They're gonna see that and be like... yeah.. you see the scoreline? </div><div><br></div><div>But in all honest, Pal has dipped and while currently not at his best form is still one India's finest goalkeepers but you have to realize... at this day and age... India is now ranked 150. What can a player from a nation ranked 150 do that players from other nations can't? One day... one day things could change. India can break into the top 100 again...</div>
    I'm just givin live ex. One Gk IS IN WIGAN or some team in epl 4m oman or saudi.(not sure) see the rankin of this nation is around 100 but playin in a league whose nation rankin is 4 or 5.so if u see like dat then it shudnt happend..and luk my cmnt i also mentioned 2nd div. And korea japan is far more superior..they wil never make it. China aus qtr can be realistic target.
  • preetam wrote: »
    I'm just givin live ex. One Gk IS IN WIGAN or some team in epl 4m oman or saudi.(not sure) see the rankin of this nation is around 100 but playin in a league whose nation rankin is 4 or 5.so if u see like dat then it shudnt happend..and luk my cmnt i also mentioned 2nd div. And korea japan is far more superior..they wil never make it. China aus qtr can be realistic target.

<br><div><br></div><div>Which divisions of the Qatari or Chinese leagues exactly. The top divisions there are basically around the same as Japan and South Korea.</div>
    See my earlier comment i mentioned 2nd div. As well