Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Gurwinder Arnab Rafique Lobo are all past it, like way past it. Club isn't gonna loose anything by releasing them. 
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    @Deb_Ban: I am not a fan of Khalid but I am not sure if East Bengal would do better if they change their coach. Yes, Khalid made many tactical blunders but in the last six years ( 2013 onwards) EB have had six coaches--Falopa, Armanda Colaco, Eelco, Biswajit Bhattacharya, Morgan and Khalid but none have been able to deliver the goods

As for officials, the less said the better...change is too soft a word for them...the club needs to be 'exorcised' of these thugs and badmashes (at least, most of them) who run the club in the name of officials
    Deb_Ban
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    They took it a bit lightly. In the first match itself, Aizawl FC made a stunning 2-2 comeback. Then losses in Derby. This was too tight a league and not any scope for hic-cups if you wish to win the title.
    Instead of wasting time deliberating ISL or I-League, make a better squad for next year. I-League is going to stay.
    goalkeeparatuljgCarbon_14
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    By any means enter ISL. 
    The kind of Gate money and sponsorship that the both giants will receive will put majority of the ISL clubs to shame .The potential that these clubs have as we all know,are MASSIVE.

atuljgindian_goonerArsenalFan700
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    EB would make another harakiri if they sack Khalid. The guy has his limitations, but is extremely focussed and honest in his work. If we see the pattern in this I-League, those teams have done well, whose coaches are unheralded. Shankarlal is a classic example - Sanjoy was all big talk/arrogant, without doing proper homework, analysing/dissecting opposition and hence it was evident that his coaching acumen would be predicable over a period of time and Bagan would struggle eventually. 

Khalid is passionate about the game/is hungry for success and Kolkata football in its current murkier form requires people like him. All this bullshit of Manoranjan Bhattacharya taking over as Manager is again taking a step back. Manoranjan was an outstanding defender, but what has he done while he was wearing the Manager's hat? EB defence continued leaking in goals and therefore he also has to take up ownership of the team's failure. Despite all talks of Khalid's wrong selection of players, EB has scored the most nos. of goals. 

The problem in Kolkata, is few ex players desperately wants to cling on to some position or the other in the Big 2 and they are in a way responsible for these two clubs to not progress. They have access to the Kolkata media houses(courtsey thru the media commitments which they have with these houses)and they use it to influence to make their cases stronger to the supporters. And since the officials know that they are at fault(owing to their vested interest), they would always find the scapegoat either in the form of an outstation player/coach and thats something so so sickening. I have read many articles written by Manoranjan on a leading Bengali daily while he has been the Manager of EB and he is NOT supposed to indicate even whats going on in the change room(b'cos he is paid for his job as a a team Manager) and that brews breach of trust between the coach/officials/players. Satyajit Chatterjee is far more progressive minded in this sense and he is playing his role to perfection and not intervening in the way the coach is working. 

Someone in EB has to take up ownership to stop all this nonsense once and for all. I think Srinjoy has played a stellar role in stemming the rot which was the bane of Bagan's performance till few years back and has brought in lot of transparency in the functioning(and hence a far consistent outcome in terms of performance)- although a lot is to be done.

Whats important that the officials of these two clubs must realise that they need to change themselves NOT only for the survival of these two iconic clubs, but as Big Brothers to whom all other Indian clubs can look up to in terms of functioning/professionalism/infrastructure b'cos of the rich history that they posses - which is NOT the case now and that must hurt their pride. 
    Carbon_14goalkeeparindian_goonerdebarghya89spartaashindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29249 Points
    They should realize there real enemy who wants to kill them is IMGR and not each other. 
  • samsam 16428 Points

Subhas Bhowmick returns again in East Bengal as technical director.

Manoranjan Bhattacharya resigned as manager.

Khalid stays as coach 

thebeautifulgameSoccerloverCarbon_14munna219777BrainFallINDIAfootydipsparta
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Good sensible move by EB.