Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    Today at TOI it was published that East Bengal club will play ISL as SC East Bengal. This news was found totally false today. Today at EGM one club member raised this question, and the executive committee of the club clearly said that the club had already been registered by the name of "East Bengal Football Club" so this won't be altered anymore.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    Were you present at the EGM? Did you hear it from someone?

TOI and Goal had been spearheading some sort of unofficial campaign against the club's entry in the ISL for quite some time: seems TOI is still smarting after its so-called "agenda" did not bear fruit
    Club members are not very happy on the amendment of club Constitution clause no, 12D, 5 and 18. Executive committee has decided to discuss these concerns with the bangur group Representatives tomorrow and some kind of middle ground is expected to be achieved.
    Yes, I was there physically. It was clearly said in the meeting by our leader of ruling body, debarta sarkar better known as nitu sarkar. So you can be assured
    I am already assured!! :)

Good to know though that you go to the club and take part in its activities <3
    TOI and GOAL journos are newbies in the business. They have no idea about maidan football and it's politics. They may have some connections with few of the agencies and those agencies sometimes spill some of the internal news. But club's internal management is a different ball game altogether. That's why some of veterans of maidan journalists like, goutam da, anilava da, shibaji da even they doesn't take the risk of announcing something without proper background.
    thebeautifulgameindian_gooner
    edited September 2020
    I can remember, most probably in 2016-17 in the evening sports news bulletin Armando colaco was giving interviews saying that he is going to be the coach of east Bengal for the upcoming season. Cut to next morning, at 10 at club tent mridul banerjee was sitting beside kalyan bandopadhyay, and his name was officially announced as east Bengal coach for the season. Unfortunately he served only one day as coach and later had to move out because of the injury that he received in the morning training session. So, all I wanted to say is that, maidan football politics is very unpredictable and these new born journos will definitely learn it in the hard way
    SiVmunna219777indian_gooner
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Anthony Stokes signed for Livingston FC in Scotland in August, but mutually terminated the contract after a month because he couldn't adapt to the level and playing conditions there.
  • Arun67Arun67 Navi Mumbai252 Points
    I also went yesterday but late,  only had free tea, missed Singara, Bhowmik followed by Bhaskarda, followed by emotional conclusion notes by K M, then Nituda was busy with press, had  a nice  chitchat with Jamuna di  at gate and returned, today also visited around 12 but for a different purpose,  some top bosses their in a close door meeting. 
    gaffertapemunna219777indian_gooner
    So, guys, @imsourav, @Arun67, when is the official declaration of the coach and the players (foreigners)?

Starting from tomorrow?