AIFF-FIFA Academies

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    very bad result for india u14 which will play world cup
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    Foreign exposure against better teams is the only option for India U-14 players. Playing against weak opponents such as local schools and colleges will be of no use and a waste of time. AIFF management lack foresight. I think U-14 coach will also talk about "learning process" rubbish to media. I do smell corruption in all this due to popularity of U-17 World Cup in India.
    goalkeepar
    same problem in u14 also no scouting aiff is planing to play this u14 academy in u17 world cup as team India which can't even beat a school team by big margin
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I hope it was. If we are getting sad from U14 results then we really need help.
    dude this is series what you think these team can even draw a WC quality team if they win by 1 goal against a school team they will be trashed 20-0 by any WC team and 40- 0 by Nigeria
    How can you say that. Australia drew to Oman and lost to bloody Brazil and France 6-0 in both matches and yet they still arrived at the World Cup, expected to lose to Chile 5-0, Netherlands 10-0, and Spain 15-0. What happened. They only lost 3-1, 3-2, and 3-0 respectively... they earned the respect of not only their country but the world.

The point here is that you can not say anything from this result, especially when you did not even see the game itself. These guys have 3 years to prepare. Give them some hope and show them that you are supporting them.

These guys might just surprise us.
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Can anybody elaborate the selection procedure for these Academies??? Results are not showing the justice that they were properly scouted for talent.
    Old Fashioned Academies like Tata Football Academy, JCT Football Academy, Sesa, Chandigarh threw up talented players which played for clubs as well as National team. Ever since AIFF took talent breeding in their own hands, Pailan Arrows as well as various AIFF academies look like a tired bunch incapable of scoring, winning any games and I dont see them playing in the National Team.
    Now some people may argue that this bunch is age tested still the result is not promising. Do they need to be sent to IMG Academy in Florida???
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    Ever since AIFF academies were launched our expectation from the youth teams has risen several folds.....even before AIFF academies our hurriedly assembled youth squads did decently...may be due to overage or other youth teams unable to cope with India's long ball tactics...somehow we managed...but as the age levels grew our performance dipped proportionally. 

Now i see a change in playing style which is more pleasing to the eye at the same time will improve with age and experience...one thing i have noticed with Kalyani boy's is inside the box they try to be too cute with too many passes and touches if some one has an opportunity to take a shot at goal..rather then taking that chance they wait for support this for me has led to their downfall in the ACT-2014.

So are the AIFF academies doing a better job...well we will know as they rise through the age group level.
    Deb_Banspartamunna219777
    With all due respect, I won't take your word on your assessment on our U14s. I am just going to sit back and wait and not overanalyze based on games against random teams.

BTW, the United States U17s lost to an Academy team from California last week... well, looks like the US U17s are rubbish for life.
    dhungel35