Arrows News

Comments

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

‘What we are doing here is improving the Indian players in the final third’ – Pailan Arrows’ Arthur Papas

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2013/01/14/3671838/what-we-are-doing-here-is-improving-the-indian-players-in

• Agree with what he said. Goal.com picked the right quote for the title. So far the results are not showing with 5 goals between the original 2 forwards in the I-League this season but considering that both Alwyn and Narzary are 20 and 18 respectivly I have no doubt that they will only continue to improve.

For Narzary he has a total of 7 goals this season (4 in the I-League). For an 18-year old in his first year as the main striker I am impressed. Very few can come in and do that. Of course now I feel Holicharan is feeling the heat as he only has 1 goal in the last 3 months (against ONGC on 1 December). Perhaps this red card is good for him. He needed a rest and I think Seminlen is the perfect replacement. Give him time and he will start scoring goals for Pailan.

Overall I would like to see Pailan take on a 4-4-2 with Alwyn playing deeper into midfield and have the front two be Holicharan and Seminlen. Both around the same ages (18 and 19).

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    >

Overall I would like to see Pailan take on a 4-4-2 with Alwyn playing deeper into midfield and have the front two be Holicharan and Seminlen. Both around the same ages (18 and 19).

a 4-4-2 will undo every thing Papas has done so far

• archakarchak 2082 Points

> rudra said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > >

>
    >

and remember we are planning to move to a more newer formation

• > rudra said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > >

>
    >

Fine. Not a 4-4-2. Whatever Papas wants. I just want those 2 as the main men. A 3-5-2 perhaps?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > >

> >
    > >

>
    >

Fine. Not a 4-4-2. Whatever Papas wants. I just want those 2 as the main men. A 3-5-2 perhaps?

actually in some moments the last match had three defenders, as Shouvik was the only conventional CB..others were side backs who go up more often...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

20 year old Punjab lad, Simranjit Singh made his I League debut today when he came as a substitute against Shillong Lajong - http://arrowsfans.com/player/simranjit-singh/

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited January 2013

re. Prathamesh playing today...this sums it up best...

from his FB post 

Prathamesh Maulingker 
    "Thank you Arrows for everything. Had the best time of my career with the team. u'l made me what I am today, I just wanna thank u all for everything and I will miss u'l a lot... !! Thanks... 

great way to sign off before joining Dempo....Man of the Match performance.....hope he doesn't get ricketted at Dempo ;)
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

lol ricketting?? this guy earned a name of himself during short time with dempo

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited January 2013