Arrows News

Comments

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Did Arthur Papas decide to quit at the end of season due to snakes at Kalyani Stadium?

• > hadfadkar said:
    > Did Arthur Papas decide to quit at the end of season due to snakes at Kalyani Stadium?

A very politically correct reason  no doubt but only few will know the behind the scenes drama
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points

Arthur had already made up his mind for sure..he knows team has talent but cant take them ahead much further than this..he knows..also he's still trying to be India u-23 coach since thats an international assignment -one that will get him much more opportunities in future

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> hadfadkar said:
    > Did Arthur Papas decide to quit at the end of season due to snakes at Kalyani Stadium?

hhahaaha...no dude, it was coming for long, lot of players understood that. And dont be surprised if lot of players leave Arrows after the season. I trust AIFF to screw it up again. Funnily AIFF's youth program is unable to get any stability - Desmond Bulpin, then temporary arrangement with Sukhi, who left, giving asst. coaches the position, and then arthur papas lasted just a season...where are we getting the stability in style and coaching? Core of the team also has shifted a lot. And the team just 1 place above Sikkim now...technically Bulpin is still the most succesfull coach!!! 
  • Well to be fair, that group of 2010-11 was much better. Jeje was on fire with 11 goals (while the current guys cant go past 4 goals). You had a midfield of Milan Singh, Lalrindika Ralte, Jewel Raja, Jibon Singh etc. 

The defense included a good Raju Gaikwad, and Deepak Devrani. And Shilton D'Silva was still playing football.

Also Jagroop Singh was so good that Gurpreet Singh Sandhu did not even get a single game for Arrows. Now Jagroop is #2 behind Sukki at Air India.

The team has changed a lot in 2 seasons. Once looked as the future of Indian football... now just looked at as a bunch of kids trying to look like professionals.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points

Before everyone pounces on me, I think we should scrap the arrows team and bring a new franchise team from non footballing hub. To compensate for young players, I -league needs a rule like each team should have 3 U-21 players should be there in squad with atleast 1-2 player in playing 11.

• > reddevil87 said:
    > Before everyone pounces on me, I think we should scrap the arrows team and bring a new franchise team from non footballing hub. To compensate for young players, I -league needs a rule like each team should have 3 U-21 players should
    be there in squad with atleast 1-2 player in playing 11.

Why would anyone pounce on you for that? (Note: Never be afraid to express your opinion) I think everyone would like that. The Pailan Arrows technically dont even pass the AFC Criteria (reportedly).

I do disagree with forcing the clubs to play 1-2 U21 players in the starting 11. What I would do is, before the season begins, have each I-League club submit a list of 30 players to the I-League (at most). 4 of the 30 players can be foreign (3+1 Asian) while at least 10 of the 30 players must be U23. So you would then have room for at most, 16 normal Indian footballers.

Then in the Match-Day squad. Have it be the normal 11 starters and 7 substitutes. But in that 18 man squad at least 3 of the players have to be U23 players.

So you would then be giving exposer to younger players.
  • munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    edited March 2013

we cannot force clubs to field U-23 players. Clubs try to field best possible XI according to their budget-that may or may not contain U-23 players. Our talent pool will increase once AIFF-FIFA academy players reach 19-20 years of age.

• > munna21977 said:
    > we cannot force clubs to field U-23 players. Clubs try to field best possible XI according to their budget-that may or may not contain U-23 players. Our talent pool will increase once AIFF-FIFA academy players reach 19-20 years of age.

But we can force clubs to include them in there 18-man Match Day squad. They play in our league and should play by our rules. 

As for our talent pool increasing from the AIFF-FIFA Academy kids. We cant just live on them. We also need to depend on the clubs to make there own players. That is why we need more clubs to do what Pune FC did and make an Academy. Not youth teams but Academies.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> munna21977 said:
    > we cannot force clubs to field U-23 players. Clubs try to field best possible XI according to their budget-that may or may not contain U-23 players. Our talent pool will increase once AIFF-FIFA academy players reach 19-20 years of age.

why cant we force them??

even the richest league of india IPL got a rule to play 1/2 u21 player in their starting line up then why not i-league

i think we should have 2 u-21 players in starting line-up which is possible.... anyway the quality of football is not gonna be affected greatly as it is shit even now