Unknown Players

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Cybertron Really? The highest level the guy has played is 4th tier in the United States and almost 2nd Division in Mexico. The guy is probably just good enough for I-League and perhaps even ISL.

If the Dynamo saw much in him then he probably would be sent to the USL affiliate by now.
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    edited July 2015
    @7negi Yes if you are playing for major leagues i.e. MLS or top european leagues. Chances are it would be helpful for Indian football. The quality of football training in European and South american leagues are way better than Indian standards. Didn't you read what Sanjoy Sen was saying about Bengal Football?

Take for example Kean Lewis. Why they sent him to Leicester City for training? Why not Tata Football Academy? What is wrong with Indian football training?

Why football fans in India wanted Brandon Fernandes to try hard for EPL clubs when he was there for selection instead of Indian clubs MB, EB or Dempo?

Why did Atletico Paranaense want Romeo Fernandes to sit at the bench instead of playing in their team. He was selected by Brazilian club at Zico's request.

The point is Indian football training standards are so poor even Stephen Constantine thinks american USL is far better than I-league. Indian football talent have the right to be given the best training possible.
    What are you trying to say? I think Negi was just laughing at the fact that you suggested a player who plays in a semi-pro league go for Premier League or La Liga when he will never do that.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    I think this lad should know more abt varin mehta , siddhart khushwa , ankit sharma and many more . .. forgotten superstar of Indian football .. with money u can get these small contract in foriegn land 
    True but I don't think Kean or Pratik got their deals via their money. They just happen to just not be good enough for the next level and most Indian football fans and the players themselves don't understand the difference between being part-timers/regulars with 4th division American teams and 1st division Indian teams.

It is not the same level... I-League, for all its faults, is a fully-pro league that has foreign players who have played at the A-League, J. League, NASL (US 2nd Division) levels before. USL PDL (4th tier) is semi-professional/amateur.
    footydiparchakThe real AG
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Kean Lewis isn't an Varin Mehta case, kid has done it the hard way, played College Soccer at FDu which is a decent D-1 standard  ,worked his way thru College as an RA and other College jobs , and now landed at Houston U-23

The past 4 years of training ( with the NCAA limitations on the # of days etc) is still miles better than if he had joined a Pailan or TFA or some I-League U-19

He has potential to play in I-League of course, and his grounding will help him be a better player, NOW its just about getting the opportunity
    7negimunna219777reddevil87archakatuljgrudra
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Negi can u make him popular via your FB page..fans atleast deserve to knw if we have a real desi in Houston Dynamos' U-23
    7negiDeb_Ban
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    and the hyping up starts
    reddevil87
    To be fair, this is nothing out of the ordinary from before this Residential Program started... especially from the New Indian Express. Every month or two the NIE comes out with some piece on a footballer.