AFC U-22 Championship 2013 Qualifiers

Comments

• AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    edited July 2012
    By the way, dont lose hope. WE COULD HOST THE TOURNAMENT!
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. But I think its already going to Thailand.<br>But we can pull it since we will have infra ready after the Nehru Cup.<br>
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    may be srk can help us:)) :)) :)) :((
  • nnippnnipp 0 Points
    edited July 2012
    Our team's defense was way too poor for us to advance in the tournament, we had many of the same problems as Lebanon. The only thing keeping our opponents from scoring more goals in our earlier matches was the attacks which kept the ball in our half. With some tweaks this still has the makings of a pretty good squad. Things just fall apart sometimes...<div><br></div><div>Regardless of the result being a moot point, I am very disappointed in the Iraqi team, there is no doubt in my mind, the fact that both UAE/Iraq played out to a scoreless draw, it is crystal clear that they had a handshake agreement. It is embarrassing to football and one of the many reasons I don't like India playing in these middle eastern zone groups of predominantly Arab teams, because at the end of the day they certainly stick together as one. Not to mention as Papas pointed out, the unfair scheduling given in favor of host Oman and the inhospitable heat.</div>
  • mel11mel11 0 Points
    Don't be disheartened this Team has other outing to showcase its Talent namely the 2014 Asian Games in which are u23  tournament with 3 overage players.<div>The ball is in AIFF and IOC court now to lobby to play the tournament as there are no qualifiers for the same</div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    we missed narayan badly :(<br>
  • It would be a lie if I said I was NOT unhappy and disappointed with the results today but on any given day this could happen to any team. Spain less than a year ago lost to Portugal 4-0 but look where they are now. <div>We would have been the third team to qualify had we won this but to be honest, I would say the odds were in Oman's favor because they are the host nation and they have had a good momentum coming into this game. </div><div>In case people didn't know this Omani team almost made it to the Olympics so we have to give them the credit they deserve. </div><div>But from this we saw the potential of this team and n<span style="font-size: 10pt; ">ow we have to support them like anything.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">These players performed so well in tough foreign conditions without any fan support in the stadium.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Just imagine what would happen when these players reach their prime in about 3-8 years and everyone supports them.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">2018 WC doesn't seem like a fantasy anymore but realistically speaking we need to beat the likes of Iran, Japan etc to get a birth. We couldn't do it today and we couldn't do it yesterday, but let's do it tomorrow. </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Failure's like today's gives us a chance to reflect on where we went wrong and if we can identify our mistake and vow to never repeat it again, then we won't make the same mistake. These guys under the tutelage of Arthur Papas will do exactly that and might not ever lose these teams again.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">To my fellow forumers, let your friends know about this team and start supporting them. If you are in Delhi and are not too busy, go to the Arrows' game and let the team know how well they did and that ALL Indian football fans are behind them. Sometimes that's all these players need to do well. We cannot be hippocrites and support our team when they do well and forget about them when they loose. We have to be critical but not Ignorant.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">It is up to our generation to change the sporting landscape in India and these U-22 players gave us a good reason to do that. Only we can excorcise the Cricket Devil that occupies majority of India. It disgusts me when our nation supports Brazil, Argentina, France, etc in the world cup. Did these people forget that they belong to a Nation and that it has a football team?</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">I didn't really have a favorite I-league team but Palian Arrows just added a new fan today.</span></div>
  • BlackAndWhiteBlackAndWhite 0 Points
    edited July 2012
    Hello Friends,
    <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">I have never seen such a promising performance by our national team like this. I am really proud of these kids. In three week time after being hired, Arthur Pappas has done an awesome work to achieve something big, even though we lost. <o:p></o:p></font></font></p>
    <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">I foresee Pailan Arrows will replicate this splendid work in I league 2012/2013. Yes, we are going to see s most of this national team is from PA.<o:p></o:p></font></font></p>
    <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">Guys, <o:p></o:p></font></font></p>
    <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">Do anyone of you have Technical Report/Analysis of our performance. If so, please share here. I am one of the unfortunate Indian fans who can’t see any of our matches through telecast (what the hell DD sports is doing).<o:p></o:p></font></font></p>
    <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">What i guessed from reading online articles is our boys had too much attacking philosophy. We became victim of this as the German were in WC 2010 and Euro 2012(They smashed their opponents & stormed throughout the tournament until semifinal disastrous). He will find a balance soon in Pailan. Even Italy did hold the Spaniards in first game of Euro 2012 (with 3-5-2 defensive/counter attacking) and lost in final with attacking mentality.<o:p></o:p></font></font></p>
    <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><o:p><font face="Calibri" size="3"> </font></o:p><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">Hats off to Pappas and our boys (special thanks to Robert Baan who brought Pappas here).</font></font></p>
    <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri"><o:p></o:p></font></font> </p>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited July 2012
    i am wondering as to what happened in the Oman match..as per AIFF report we controlled the first half well and it was looking like the match was headed for a draw. we had the break and 10 minutes after starting it started to fall apart.<br><br>Question is what happened..i find it hard to believe that India was so tired that they defended badly..What did Oman do that got them these goals?.. did they re juggle their formation? or did they exploit a particular weakness of ours?. is it possible we were so foccused on attack that we got slack in defense..<br><br>Or was it that Oman just played far better than us tactically or it was just a bad day for d blue tigers<br><br>All of us knew  this was a critical match and had to be won..knowing that we played well against IRAQ and UAE..its difficult to digest this defeat...that we did not score a single goal also or we did not have many shots on target has to be analysed<br><br><br>i would really appreciate some feedback for anyone..hopefully arthur papas or nilanjan datta or aiff would be able to shed some light on  this...Whatever it is  we have fulfilled our objectives and the future is bright for these lads..<br>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Arthur Papas in a statement said that they went all out in the second half to win the match which caused so many goals against us<br>
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    <P>Now. Papas have some time to take care of the individual aspects of the players in Pailan arrows what he has promised in a recent interview. In just 2 weeks he has given us something to cheer, hope he will be crucial to raise the level of the players in coming days.</P>
    <P>I am sure , all of us despite having our own favorites support the Arrows. This year it is not going to be 'just kick the ball to opponent's half' ,rather some possession based football. Hope AIFF will make at least 2-3 years contract with the potential boys to retain them together. It should help players like Lalrindika or Alwyn to try their luck in Europe.</P>
    <P> </P>