round 19

Comments

• 30 minutes in: Salgaocar SC 1-0 Prayag United SC

They just showed the goal again and I am left wondering... Where was the f***ing defense? Who is marking Edeh? Get Arnab or Deepak on Edeh or double team him. Instead it is Josimar (an attacker) who has to come in and attempt to defend against Edeh. Bad management by PUSC coach Sanjay Sen and the entier Prayag United defense. They could really use Lalkamal back right now.
  • 35 minutes in: Salgaocar 1-0 Prayag United SC

What an amazing save from the PUSC keeper keeping Edeh out of goal. Defense failing Prayag again. Salgaocar have dominated possession sense the goal. Every 3 minutes Prayag were able to get the ball in a good spot for goal but sense SSC scored its been all Salgaocar.
  • 38 minutes in: Salgaocar SC 1-0 Prayag United SC

I put my trust into Arnab Mondal and what do I get... an attempted air kick at the Salgaocar player. Deserving Indian International, with the way he is playing I say NO.
  • 44 minutes in: Salgaocar SC 1-0 Prayag United SC

Prayag United is playing like the Arsenal FC of last year, a good passing game which is great to watch but no end product. Plus they stink defensively.
  • Half-Time: Salgaocar SC 1-0 Prayag United SC

Scorer: Edeh Chidi (Nigeria)
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Prayag would grab the second spot if they manage to win this. probably the management created pressure by emphasizing that. Otherwise they are quite pleasant to watch
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    44 minutes in: Salgaocar SC 1-0 Prayag United SC

Prayag United is playing like the Arsenal FC of last year, a good passing game which is great to watch but no end product. Plus they stink defensively.

Actually their defence is normally good. Arnab mondal - Bello Rassaq combo worked well for them but now Bello is suspended

Prayag's main players are missing - Lalkamal, Bello Rassaq, Jayanta
    Apart from that Yakubu returned from Ghana yesterday!!!

Salgaocar totally dominated but at the end Prayag came back well.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Mumbai FC 1-1 Churchill Brothers ( Pune - HT )

CB: N.D.Opara 20'
    MFC: Cavin lobo 36'

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kolkatafootball.com/"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kolkatafootball.com/</a><!-- m -->
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    As the I-league moves into the final few rounds, the results are normalised by the amount of pressure a team feels. You saw PFC beating Dempo yesterday and now these trends today. Looks like an exciting finish once again is on the cards for I-league
  • 44 minutes in: Salgaocar SC 1-0 Prayag United SC

Actually their defence is normally good. Arnab mondal - Bello Rassaq combo worked well for them but now Bello is suspended

Prayag's main players are missing - Lalkamal, Bello Rassaq, Jayanta
    Apart from that Yakubu returned from Ghana yesterday!!!

Salgaocar totally dominated but at the end Prayag came back well.

I meant for todays game. Usually Prayag play better defensively but your right about the star players not playing impacting Prayag. If Lalkamal was there Prayag could have been up 2-0 or 2-1 at HT. Bello Rassaq has been good in defense this year, Arnab has been good this season but today he is lost.

Also why is Yakubu still playing if he just came back. I am not against foreigners in the league, guys like Odafe, Penn, Mandjou, and Arata Izumi are great but guys like Yakubu dont even care. They are only in India because they could not make it in Nigeria which is fine but at least be professional. Going to Ghana and back in a crucial part of the season is not good. The AIFF should make that a rule, no player (Indian and Foreign) may leave India during the season unless approved by the AIFF for good/acceptable reason. If a player breaks the rule it is a month suspension and months pay taken off.