round 19

Comments

• Mumbai FC 1-1 Churchill Brothers ( Pune - HT )

CB: N.D.Opara 20'
    MFC: Cavin lobo 36'

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kolkatafootball.com/"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kolkatafootball.com/</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If Mumbai can manage a draw then they could be back into the race for non-relegation. Also this could be what saves Khalid Jamil as I am worrying he could be gone soon.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Also why is Yakubu still playing if he just came back. I am not against foreigners in the league, guys like Odafe, Penn, Mandjou, and Arata Izumi are great but guys like Yakubu dont even care. They are only in India because they could not make it in Nigeria which is fine but at least be professional. Going to Ghana and back in a crucial part of the season is not good. The AIFF should make that a rule, no player (Indian and Foreign) may leave India during the season unless approved by the AIFF for good/acceptable reason. If a player breaks the rule it is a month suspension and months pay taken off.

Yakubu is one of the most consistent foreigner in Indian club football...his commitment is unquestionable. He is respected even in opponent fan circles. He was one of the reasons why Salgaocar won the i league last yr.

He is being played today coz Prayag badly needs him. Their striker kayne vincent is injured.

Anyone saw his shot in the 51st min? amazing i wud say

He had to go to Ghana for family reasons
  • Also why is Yakubu still playing if he just came back. I am not against foreigners in the league, guys like Odafe, Penn, Mandjou, and Arata Izumi are great but guys like Yakubu dont even care. They are only in India because they could not make it in Nigeria which is fine but at least be professional. Going to Ghana and back in a crucial part of the season is not good. The AIFF should make that a rule, no player (Indian and Foreign) may leave India during the season unless approved by the AIFF for good/acceptable reason. If a player breaks the rule it is a month suspension and months pay taken off.

Yakubu is one of the most consistent foreigner in Indian club football...his commitment is unquestionable. He is respected even in opponent fan circles. He was one of the reasons why Salgaocar won the i league last yr.

He is being played today coz Prayag badly needs him. Their striker kayne vincent is injured.

Ok I can deal with family reasons.

Also I was in a bit of anger so that is why I did my rant over Yakubu. He is a good forward who is now suffering from age. I feel he has 1-2 years left in him. Could be a good addition for a 2nd Division club (Eagles FC) next season.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Also why is Yakubu still playing if he just came back. I am not against foreigners in the league, guys like Odafe, Penn, Mandjou, and Arata Izumi are great but guys like Yakubu dont even care. They are only in India because they could not make it in Nigeria which is fine but at least be professional. Going to Ghana and back in a crucial part of the season is not good. The AIFF should make that a rule, no player (Indian and Foreign) may leave India during the season unless approved by the AIFF for good/acceptable reason. If a player breaks the rule it is a month suspension and months pay taken off.

More on Yakubu's commitment and why he is respected
    On Friday morning, Yakubu was informed of the death of his mother. In the evening Yakubu, in every sense of the term, was his team’s ‘Man Friday’ as he twice pulled East Bengal level before Bhaichung Bhutia eventually nodded home the winner to give the club three crucial points.
    full article - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100123/jsp/sports/story_12018624.jsp"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100123/j ... 018624.jsp</a><!-- m -->
  • 66 minutes in: Salgaocar SC 1-0 Prayag United SC

Prayag United dominating now. The club from Kolkata are using the passing skills and are now trying hard to break the 0 on there scoresheet but the Salgaocar defense is holding on.

Makes you wonder how Prayag United would be right now with Bello, Lalkamal and Jayanta
  • Also why is Yakubu still playing if he just came back. I am not against foreigners in the league, guys like Odafe, Penn, Mandjou, and Arata Izumi are great but guys like Yakubu dont even care. They are only in India because they could not make it in Nigeria which is fine but at least be professional. Going to Ghana and back in a crucial part of the season is not good. The AIFF should make that a rule, no player (Indian and Foreign) may leave India during the season unless approved by the AIFF for good/acceptable reason. If a player breaks the rule it is a month suspension and months pay taken off.

More on Yakubu's commitment and why he is respected
    On Friday morning, Yakubu was informed of the death of his mother. In the evening Yakubu, in every sense of the term, was his team’s ‘Man Friday’ as he twice pulled East Bengal level before Bhaichung Bhutia eventually nodded home the winner to give the club three crucial points.
    full article - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100123/jsp/sports/story_12018624.jsp"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100123/j ... 018624.jsp</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok, I get it, like I said I was in the middle of a angry moment. I understand Yakubu's commitment and I remember that moment as well. Still his age is getting to him.
  • 74 minutes in: Salgaocar SC 1-0 Prayag United SC

Josimar almost leveled for Prayag but I think he was to far from goal for a header to go in.

The game is more open now but my bet is still on Prayag equalizing.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Today he has not been impressive, except for a couple of moments...but he has still scored 8 goals this season (according to goal.com).
  • 76 minutes in: Salgaocar SC 1-0 Prayag United SC

SUB! SALGAOCAR!

Francis Fernandes OUT - Gilbert Olivera IN

Adds a young attacking mind in the game which is good for Salgaocar because now they want to score a second and wrap the game up
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Deepak mandal at this age is playing better than most full backs in India