Other Sports

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra,regarding Hima Das i have not said that she will win us a Medal at 2020 Olympics.I have said that she can help us break that Olympics Athletics Medal Jinx.Nowhere, have i mentioned that it will be 2020 Olympics.

At,18 yrs,her time is good enough to reach Olympics Semi-Finals etc,which is an achievement for a Country Like India in Athletics.She will be 20 yrs old at 2020 OLYMPICS.So,it will be just a start.

Similarily,i have not said that Neeraj Chopra will win us a Medal At 2020 Olympics for sure.I have always said that he is the only World Class Athlete we have in Athletics(in any event).If anybody can win a medal in Athletics,it will be him.I have said that he needs to throw 90 m Consistently to be a Medal Contender for sure at major events.Currently,He is a Medal prospect but not a Medal Contender.Neeraj is also an outside chance for medal at 2020 Olympics and not a sure shot Medal Contender,Unlike someone like Mirabai Chanu.

Similarily,what i am implying is After Neeraj Chopra,we have found another Gem in the shape of Hima Das.If she is groomed properly than she could be Second World Class Athlete in Athletics for us.

In India generally , Athletes at their prime just manage to qualify for Olympics but With Neeraj and Hima,at such young age(not even their prime) the are already way ahead of Qualification Standards in their respective fields.So,if groomed properly they can Earn us medals at World Level Events when they reach their prime.

munna219777Nagendraspartakartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/other-dipa-karmakar-wins-gold-in-gymnastics-world-cup-451681

Dipa Karmakar creates history by becoming first Indian to win gold at Gymnastics World Challenge Cup

The 24-year-old from Tripura, who had finished fourth in vault event in the 2016 Rio Olympics, scored 14.150 to win gold.

Returning to action after a long lay-off of nearly two years due to injury, India's premier gymnast Dipa Karmakar clinched the gold medal in the vault event of FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup at Mersin, Turkey. 

The 24-year-old from Tripura, who had finished fourth in vault event in the 2016 Rio Olympics, scored 14.150 to win gold today. She had topped the qualification also with a score of 13.400. 

his is Dipa's first medal in a World Challenge Cup. 

Dipa, who is being accompanied by her coach Bisheshwar Nandi, has also qualified in balance beam finals by finishing third in the qualification with a score of 11.850. 

Dipa had suffered an Anetrior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injury after Rio Olympics and had undergone surgery. She was initially confident of making a comeback at the Commonwealth Games but rehabilitation took more time than expected and she missed the Gold Coast event. 

She has been included in the 10-member Indian gymnastics team for the upcoming Asian Games.

Ronnymunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited July 2018
    This is not any serious tournament. 6 World Challenge Cup and 8 World Series Cup are held every year. The participants in this tournament were not any high ranking gymnasts.   Create History and all is just click-bait headlines !!!
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    This was more of a Test Event for Dipa Karmarkar after Injury.She will go all out In the Asian Games.Her score of 14.150 is not High.It is Above Average for sure but not World Class.She will have to score around 15.000 and she is capable as well.In my opinion,she didn"t wan"t to risk too much and did what was essential.I feel she"ll go all out in the upcoming Asian Games.
    munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    Hima Das qualified for final with timing of 52.10 (rank # 1)... may be Taylor Manson will give tough fight to her as she is only other athlete has personal best less than 52 sec mark.. followed by Romania athlete ( PB : 52.31 )..

for sure.. she can win  a medal.. Lets hope it will be Gold..
    Carbon_14Badsparta
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    To be Honest,any thing less than a Gold will be Disappointing in my opinion.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    https://scroll.in/field/886317/golden-run-continues-manu-bhaker-and-anish-bhanwala-strike-gold-shooting-hopes-meet

Golden run continues: Manu Bhaker and Anish Bhanwala strike gold in Shooting Hopes meet

The teenagers secured dominant wins in the Junior Women’s 10m Air Pistol and Junior Men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol at Plizen.

NagendraCarbon_14
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Guys am sorry I don't know much about Hima Das. Thank you for posting this amazing video. I think she is from Assam since her coach gave her the Assamese traditional wear after that. Is she like the next PT Usha?
    munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    ;Ronny

Yes Hima Das is from Assam... She will better PT Usha if she can improve her start and mainly in turnings.. 18 years old and she has time to improve... 

Mainly final 100 m stretch (straight) is awesome and we can say she is world class in this and miles ahead when compared with PT Usha in last 100m ..  I guess she has done the same in last 100 m in national meet...
    Badmunna219777