Other Sports

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    India Women's Team reached Quarter Finals in recent World Cup.

Anything can happen. All we need is 1 victory to progress out of Group stage. If we can defeat Canada, we move to crossover stage where we will meet either Malysia or Pakistan.
    So Quarterfinals entry is almost confirmed for India.

This team has young players and coach is betting on them playing without pressure infornt of home support.
    Without Rupinder Pal, the Penalty Corner routine looks shaky. Forward line lacks physicality in the absence of players like Ramandeep Singh.

indian Hocky team has tried and tested many lineups this year for Commonwealth, Azlan Shah, Asian games, Champions Trophy.

Hope for the best.

First Match for us    28th November  7:00 PM  India vs South Africa
    Carbon_14
    Guys Great news coming from Davis Cup.

India will host Italy on grass in the Qualifiers for the Davis Cup Finals at South Club in Kolkata on February 1-2.  Thanks to Mahesh Bhupati who put his foot down for Grass Court and All India Tennis Association agreed.

Can anyone here tell me more about this venue. Is it the one next to Salt Lake Stadium or somewhere else?  South Club .

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/tennis/davis-cup-india-to-host-italy-on-grass-in-kolkata-5445002/

• BadBad 5141 Points
    India beat Ireland to reach Semi Finals of the T20 World Cup.

India scored just 145 against minnows Ireland. Mithali Raj scored 51 runs of 56 balls and was declared Player of the match.

Mithali scored less than run a ball in T20 and didn't even try even a single attacking shot in the latter half of the match.She played selfishly in my opinion.

She is not the right player for T20 .Playing almost 10 overs as an opener(Field restrictions) and playing at a strike rate of just 91 is  criminal. Yet, Everybody is praising her.Similarily,as did when our Kabbadi Team won Bronze.

This approach(of Mithali) will not work against the likes of Australia and England, specifically batting first or chasing a high score.

Management should take a look at this.

India scored 194 against NewZealand and Mithali didn't play a ball.This proves my point.

spartadeepu
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    I had tweeted about it yesterday itself that Mithali is too slow for T20,if we chase a small score then she should open otherwise she shouldn't even bat
    Women's Boxing world Cup has started in Delhi.
    KD Jadhav Indoor stadium
    Today Manisha and Sarita Devi won their bouts.
    Some controversial decisions but India should get benefit this time.
    Golden rule of boxing is that split decisions always go in the favour of USA, UK, South Korea and Host Nation.
    Novy Sir was doing commentary whole day-DD Sports.
    deepuCarbon_14
    Today India won all 3 bouts. Sonia Lather, Pinky Jangra and Simranjeet Kaur won their matches.

So far, 5 out of 5 result for India.
    Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Manisha Maun has impressed me the most so far among the lesser known female boxers so far.  Rest have won but not been that impressive.
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Lakshya Sen wins Bronze Medal at World Junior Badminton Championship.

This year itself,Lakshya won Gold Medal at Junior Asian Championship,Silver Medal at Summer youth Olympics and now Bronze medal at Junior World Championship.

Really remarkable and Consistent performance from him.

Watch out for him in the Future.He is a Real Talent Guys.
    Carbon_14munna219777deepukartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Lol!!Just as I was praising Manisha Maun.

She has beaten previous World Championships Gold Medal Winner(Kazak Girl)  and entered Quarter Finals.

She beat Previous editions bronze medalist in her first round and now Gold medalist in the second round.

Great Going by her. She is a real talent as well. Watch out for her as well in the future.One bout is all I need to judge her potential.

She is very talented and her height gives her massive advantage in 54 kg category.

Watch out for her as well in the future.

Carbon_14munna219777spartakartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Indian Women scored 167 against Australia and beat them T20 match.

Guess what-Mithali Raj wasn't playing.

India has scored 194 and 167 against NewZealand and Australia and in both the matches Mithali hasn't played a single ball.This proves my point that Mithali shouldn't play in T20 for India.