Other Sports

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    FT India 4-1 Korea

Harmanpreet Singh scores a hat-trick
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    @Bad How was Indian Women's performance in world championship. I heard Japan has done very well in bringing new generation of women wrestlers in preparation for Tokyo Olympics.

With Vinesh Phogat being sidelined due to injury, there were no realistic medal chances in my opinion with Pooja Dhanda being the only outside medal contender. However, I must say that that the girls, in general, have exceeded my expectations.

4 Girls namely Ritu(65kg), Ritu Phogat(50kg), Pooja Dhanda(57kg) and Sakshi Malik(62kg) made the Quarter Finals but lost. However, all of them reached the Repechage Rounds as the opponent to whom they lost reached the Finals.

Please note that out of these 4 categories only one category 65kg has been completed fully. In that category, Ritu reached the Bronze Medal Match after beating a couple of opponents in the repechage rounds but she lost the Bronze Medal Match and finished tied 5th which is a phenomenal achievement.

Now, the remaining 3 girls in 50kg,57, kg and 62 kg, they will be wrestling in Repechage category today and in my opinion.
    Only Pooja Dhanda looks capable of winning a bronze medal because she beat one of the favorites the Nigerian girl(Odanayo in Prequarters, the girl who dances and sings, wrestles in our league) and Pooja was leading the Chinese girl as well but was slightly unlucky as she got pinned down despite leading against the Chinese Girl(the favorite for the Gold Medal). Otherwise, The Chinese girl was romping everyone else in her path. So, considering Pooja was leading against the Chinese girl and the Chinese girl beat all her opponents comprehensively, so Pooja should be able to beat all the opponents whom the Chinese Girl beat. Therefore, among the three, Pooja has the best chance in my opinion.

It will be difficult for Ritu(50 kg) and Sakshi(62kg) to advance to the Bronze Medal Rounds through the Repechage.

Pooja, in my opinion, is capable of winning a Bronze Medal(Her Game is good enough) and I am predicting her to win a Bronze Medal. For, Sakshi and Ritu I am not that hopeful. Let's hope for the best still.

Pooja can get a Bronze and in my opinion, she should get a bronze medal. She deserves it. 
    munna219777Carbon_14ashindia
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Now, Coming to Hockey.

Let me tell you guys, the scoreline is flattering. The game was not that one-sided. Even though we were the better team and deserved to win but yesterday"s match was the best, any team has played against us.

We controlled the match but didn't dominate the match as we did even against the likes of Pakistan and Malaysia. We absolutely battered Pakistan and Malaysia despite having a lesser scoreline against them.

We deserved to win but a goal or two at max would have been an ideal reflection of the game.

munna219777Carbon_14PrakashK
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited October 2018
    ashindia,why wtf???? 

• BadBad 5141 Points
    So,Both Pooja and Ritu have made it to the Bronze Medal matches,which will take place at night.
    This means that if they win their respective match,then they will Bronze Medal.

Sakshi,on the other hand proved me right once again as she lost and is out of the Competition.

Fingers crossed for both Ritu and Pooja.

Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Ritu lost to Japanese Wrestler in Bronze medal match. Pooja match still to come.

Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Pakistan defeat Malaysia 1-0 in Champions Trophy.

Likely Semi-Finals lineup

India vs Japan

Pakistan vs Malaysia

on 27th October
    Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Medal Alert!!!

Pooja wins Bronze Medal at 2018 World Wrestling Championship,as was predicted by me.

Amazing achievement by her.Proud of her!!!
    namewtheldNagendraashindiaCarbon_14deepumunna219777kartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    Men's Hockey Asian Champions Trophy semi-final: India beat Japan 3-2 to set up summit clash with Pakistan
    Carbon_14deepu
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    3-2 was not a fair reflection.This time it was reverse.We played much better than the 3-2 result.They had just 5-6 circle penetrations in the match.They 2-3 Penalty Corners and scored 2 goals.

India on the other hand dominated them.The score could have been 5 or 6 goals but in the end what is important is that we won.
    Carbon_14Game