Other Sports

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Sarita Devi lost today against Irish Boxer in a Split Decision but I suppose it was a fair decision.

MaryKom, Manisha, Lovelina and Bhagyabati progressed to next stage.
    India has won 9 out of 10 bouts so far in the World Championships.

Good work done by Indian Coaching staff - pleasant surprise to see Assistant Coach Muhammad Ali Qamar. He won Gold Medal in 2002 Commonwealth Games after defeating England Boxer in Manchester.
    Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Boxing Ruining Itself.

Today,Sonia beat former World Champion of Poland 3:2 in a Split Verdict.Poland Coach and Boxer accused the judges of corruption and the Result.However,in my opinion it was a fair result.

Now,in the evening session Pinki beat English Girl Jones and Judges gave a 5:0 victory to Pinki. However,in my opinion Jones was much the better boxer and Jones should have won 5:0.

Boxing fraternity should come out with a more transparent system.I feel the point system per punch was best.It was visible to all.

Two Things here:-

1)Home Countries tend to get the favour in most of the cases.
    2)More Transparent System is needed for Boxing to regain interest among viewers.

In every event,many controversial decisions take place which is not good for the sport.

Carbon_14munna219777
    edited November 2018
    Ruin of Boxing reminds me of Ruin of Hockey. They changed from Grass to Astro-turf, removed off-side, Changed substitutions from 3 to unlimited, 70 minutes to 15 minute quarters, changed Penalty strokes all to benefit few European nations and oust India, Pakistan.

We can see the Results- Hockey has now become a Women's Sport in most Western countries.

These new Boxing Rules are also a conspiracy by Old Guard -USA, UK.

Earlier Rules for Amateur Boxing:-
    Only the Punch by the white portion of Boxing glove hit on the Face within the Head-Guard area was counted if Yes Buzzer was pressed by atleast 3 out of 5 judges.  Points were displayed after every Round and the Boxer trailing behind had a chance in last Round to come back.

Good Thing about this system was that whatever your style- attacking mindset or Defensive- what matters most is the desired result- right punches and Points.

New system is completely in Judges hands- USA UK, Host country and south korea gets favoured. Judges wish to be in the good books to be called again so hosts are favoured. Judges from USA, UK, Australia vote in a different pattern, Cuba North Korea vote differently. Judges from Central Asian countries - all the stans are most corrupt.

There was a time when USA, UK Boxers used to dominate-only challengers were either from USSR or Cuba. But with the dissolution of USSR into so many countries, each of those republics can produce a champion Boxer. Because of immigration, even Belgium or Netherlands can bring a Morocco/Algeria born boxer. To protect the supremacy of old powers, such stupid rules are being brought.

I was once reading about strategy of England, Scotland, Wales, North Ireland Boxers in Commonwealth Games. First round they are aggressive - they will get hit but they will also hit. Biased Judges will give the Round to them. Then Second Round be Defensive and make sure that there is no standing count. By the third Round, the gap is so much that unless there is a sound beating or knockout- fight is won by the Boxer.

They need to bring back old Rules !!!
    namewtheldCarbon_14deepusparta
    4 Indian Boxers have reached Semi-Finals and are assured a medal.

MaryKom, Lovlina, Sonia and Simranjeet Kaur. 

Congratulations !!!
    Carbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    https://sports.ndtv.com/boxing/womens-boxing-world-championships-indias-mary-kom-beats-kim-hyang-mi-to-enter-final-1951784

Women's Boxing World Championships: India's Mary Kom Enters Final, Lovlina Borgohain Takes Home The Bronze Medal

Mary Kom entered the final of the AIBA Women's World Championships while Lovlina Borgohain took home the bronze.

Five-time world champion MC Mary Kom edged closer to a historic sixth gold when she beat North Korea's Kim Hyang Mi in the semi-finals of the women's 48 kg light flyweight category in the AIBA Women's World Championships in New Delhi on Thursday. Mary Kom, who won the bout through a unanimous decision, will meet Hanna Okhota of Ukraine in the final. The 35-year-old boxer had previously won the gold medal in 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010 editions of the Championships. Apart from this, she had also won the silver medal on her debut in 2001.

Mary Kom, who is still tied with Katie Taylor of Ireland on five gold medals, has an opportunity to become the most successful women's boxer if she beats Hanna Okhota in the final.

Lovlina Borgohain, who was the other Indian the fray, took home the bronze after losing her women's 69 kg welterweight semi-finals to Chinese Taipei's Chen Nien-Chin.

deepu
    Did anybody see the Semi-Final bout between Simranjeet Kaur and Chinese Boxer? In my opinion, Indian Boxer thrashed the chinese. Still the result was a Split decision going other way with American and British Judges siding with the Chinese. One of the most unfair results of the whole tournament.
    kartik91ashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    India's MC Mary Kom won a historic sixth gold in the World Championships on Saturday, the mother-of-three doing, without breaking a sweat, what no other woman boxer has done or known before. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/boxing/womens-world-boxing-championships-mary-kom-wins-record-sixth-gold-medal-sonia-chahal-takes-silver/articleshow/66784620.cms

Grand Salute, great lady!!
    Carbon_14munna219777ashindiaNagendra
  • samsam 16428 Points
    DIPA KARMAKAR QUALIFIES FOR TOKYO 2020!!
    She won the BRONZE MEDAL at the ongoing Gymnastics World Cup with a score of 14.316 in the finals!!
    kartik91thebeautifulgameCarbon_14munna219777deepuashindiaNagendra
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    @munna219777 - I watched simranjeet’s demk final against the chinese. She was dominant in the first and third round and the chinese edged the second . She was more attacking and dominant boxer in the bout..how she didn’t win is beyond me. The commentators too were at a loss of words..
    munna219777