Other Sports

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    Kohli :
    2019 Cricket World Cup Semi Final : 1 Run
    2015 World Cup Semi-final : 1 Run
    2011 World Cup Semi-final : 9 Runs
    Let's hope he will score 9 Runs in 2023 World Cup SF and we will end-up winning the game :) :wink:
    munna219777atuljg
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    ;munna219777
    we don't have proper no. 4  who can rotate the strike..

it's our bad luck... we lost Dhawan... or else Rahul would have fitted well in no. 4.. 

Ambati Rayudu made a sarcastic 3D glasses comment or else selectors would have called him once Dhawan is injured..  
    munna219777
  • samsam 16428 Points
    edited July 2019
    So an overthrow and more no. of boundaries finally make England world champion of cricket. 
    indianFootballFan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    It was an epic game of Cricket. The tenacity and dogged resolve of Ben Stokes !!!
    Under humongous pressure,Stokes and Buttler brought England close to victory, similar to what Jadeja and Dhoni did for India. While we collapsed after the dismissal of Jadeja, England carried on after Buttler got out. Unbelievable pressure on Ben Stokes but he hit 2 Sixers and that overthrow was icing on the cake.

New Zealand is a very difficult team. Everyone is tall, athletic, unbelievable discipline in Bowling and amazing catching under pressure.

I will reiterate that India was the best team in this tournament but we erred in selecting Final XI for some crucial games.

• samsam 16428 Points
    Now some are saying England should have got 5 from that overthrow, not 6.
    Another thing I wanted to discuss. Don't you think less number of wickets lost is better than boundaries hit when solving tie issues? Do you think the concept of T20 has changed our way of thinking which are the things we think requires more praise, value and credit in Cricket?
  • samsam 16428 Points

According to Law 19.8, “If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be any runs for penalties awarded to either side, and the allowance for the boundary, and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act.”

Going by this, England should have been awarded only five runs, and not six. At the same time Adil Rashid should’ve been on strike not Stokes and it seems wrong interpretation of the law may have taken away the chance from Black Caps to become the World Champs.

munna219777Carbon_14
    edited July 2019
    I think that 6 runs were there, 2 of Running and 4 from overthrow. So Umpire made a mistake ??
    Rules were made in advance. In my opinion, there should have been 3 points for victory and 1 point for Draw / Rain. Here they gave 2 points only for win.
    Also Net Run rate calculation was ridiculous in group games. The stadiums like Nottingham were Batting paradise, not that much if you are at Lords or Oval. So teams getting batting pitch were having advantage in net run rate.
    So the tournament rules were dodgy overall.

Game has evolved and T20 has played its part.  This world cup was a throwback to the past with bringing back Fast Bowling to the Foyer. Next world cup will be different in Indian conditions.

• samsam 16428 Points
    Adil and Ben did not cross for the 2nd run when Martin released the ball.
    munna219777
    Last over containing Stokes 6, overthrow and adil runout.

• samsam 16428 Points
    Taufel makes it clear what I was saying
    https://es.pn/2jTcNsg

Eng should have got 5 runs and Adil should have been on strike for the next ball
    NZ was clearly robbed in daylight 
    Nagendramunna219777kartik91