Other Sports

Comments

• samsam 16437 Points
    Yeah, of course rules are same in SF and Final. I am just proposing some alternatives taking cue from other SF rules. 
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    Badminton : PV Sindhu beats Nozomi Okuhara to storm into Indonesia Open semis

Sindhu, seeded fifth, hardly had to break a sweat as she posted a comfortable 21-14, 21-7 win over the third seed Okuhara . Indian will face second seeded Chen Yu Fei of China in SF 
    Carbon_14
    Commonwealth TT: Indian men defend crown, women win maiden title 

The men beat England 3-2 while Indian women did the impossible downing Singapore 3-0 to dethrone the defending champions who had a stranglehold on the trophy since 1997. 

Source : TOI
    munna219777thebeautifulgame
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    @Bad what happened to Hima Das ? She is now running only 200m which is far more competitive than 400m. Or she lost her mojo in 400 m altogether?
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Interesting read for all the athletics fans. 
    Most of the Indian atheletes are not even in top 50 currently in the world. Most of them won't even qualify for World Championship or Olympics.
    But most of the media is like 4 GOLD medals in 20 days when the competition is mostly Indians only.

https://www.espn.in/athletics/story/_/id/27180494/after-athletics-gold-rush-indians-raise-marks-shine-tokyo
    @ sparta... 400 m is Hima's pet event... she can easily qualify for Olympics. She is trying to secure Olympic quota in 200 m as well. Also competing in 200 m would improve her speed & strength
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Sparta,She has not been the same Athlete after her rehabilitation (post injury which she carried with her during the World Relays).

Her timings,even in 400 m have been average at best(mainly in 52 sec range).

In my opinion,her running 200m is most likely focused towards regaining match practice/track practice as her timings in 200m have also been average at best.

As I have pointed out earlier as well,she seems to me like an athlete who might turn out to be a Medal Contender at the 2024 Olympics.

In my opinion,she is/will not be ready for 2020 Olympics as she is still trying to explore her maximum potential. She will need to have an exceptional 2019(unlikely but I'll be happy to prove wrong) to be a genuine medal contender at 2020 Olympics.

• NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    edited July 2019
    She gets so much shit from her family for being in a lesbian relationship. It's atrocious how they abandoned a National gem because of something that's none of anyone's business.
    Passi
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29661 Points
    @Naujawan: I think you are talking of Dutee Chand who is in a same-sex relationship.
    Here we are discussing Hima Das
    Passi
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Yes Dutee confessed of a same sex relationship, not Hima.

Also,can someone please share the names of Singaporean Girls who our Women's team beat in the Semi-finals in this competition.I just want to check if it was their main team or not.