Other Sports

Comments

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    somewhat similar to Sushilkumar and Narsingh Yadav case
    munna219777deepukartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Its different. Narsingh Yadav actually won Olympic Qualification on merit. It was tussle between him and Sushil after Narsingh has already won qualification.

In Nikhat's case, even to participate in any World Championship - trials are held in various categories. Mysteriously, trals are not held in only one category so that MC Mary Kom is given walkover. This has been going on for years and injustice on other boxers.

Few years back, Pinky Jangra was in the same category as Mary Kom. In trials she beat MC Mary Kom but very suspiciously, Boxing federatiuon said that they will declare the official result the next day. Next day, Mary Kom was deckared winner. Of course marykom went on to lose in olympic qualifiers but injustice was done to that boxer. this year again same story is being repeated.
    Ronny
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nikhat maybe talented but she is nowhere close to MaryKom in my opinion and MaryKom is repaying the faith by winning Medals in every Tournament in which she is participating.

Also,it is not compulsory to have trials when the athlete in that particular category is exceptional and continuously winning Medals at International events.

Eg) Boxing - Amit Panghal need not go through the Trial Procedure as he is that good and has proved on many occasions that he is no.1 in his category undisputedly in India.

Similarly,

While selecting the team for World Wrestling Championships, the Wrestling Federation didn't conduct trials in Bajrang's and Vinesh's category and previously it exempted Sakhshi also after she won Olympic Bronze Medal.

So,it is not something new.

karenesudhakar2050
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6524 Points
    It is not fair.. even If Mary is exceptionally well , they need to have a trail in case if only 1 slot is available for each category .. like best of 3 .. they shouldn't block Nikhat ..Atleast they could have allowed her to participate in World Championships... I feel It is silly & totally injustice
    Ronnythebeautifulgamedev_pfcmunna219777spartakarenesudhakar2050kartik91ashindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6524 Points
    If someone says, its common & nothing new.. I would say our Wrestling & Boxing federations are corrupted
    Ronnymunna219777karenesudhakar2050ashindia
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited October 2019
    Wow!!!Just Wow!!!What double Standards!!!

When I said the same that trials should be held between Narsingh and Sushil to determine our candidate for 2016 Olympics as both of them were equally good.Then,all of you were against it. You all know your names, i need not specify them.

Now,you guys want trials.What Hypocrisy!!!

karenesudhakar2050
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29718 Points

Abhinav Bindra says 'in sport yesterday never counts' backing Nikhat Zareen's demand for trial against Mary Kom

India's only individual Olympic gold medallist shooter Abhinav Bindra on Thursday backed Nikhat Zareen's demand for a trial bout against celebrated boxer MC Mary Kom before India's squad for next year's Olympic Qualifiers is decided.

Former junior world champion boxer Zareen, who was refused a trial by the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) for the World Championships, has written to Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju, demanding a "fair chance" to make it to the team for the Olympic qualifiers to be held in February next year.

"While I have all the respect for Marykom, Fact is, an athletes life is an offering of proof. Proof that we can be as good as yesterday. Better than yesterday. Better than tomorrows man /woman. In sport, yesterday NEVER counts," Bindra wrote on his twitter handle.

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/abhinav-bindra-says-in-sport-yesterday-never-counts-backing-nikhat-zareens-demand-for-trial-against-mary-kom-7514951.html

munna219777Nagendraspartanamewtheldkartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    One more thing is that, it shouldn't matter whether you have won a quota or not because you might have won a quota one year ago before the Olympics(like Shooting,Wrestling etc) but by the time Olympics comes around,you maybe terribly out of form. 

In this case as well, you shouldn't say that this person will be sent because he won the quota even though he is terribly out of form and another person who is in form will not be sent because he didn't win the quota. That is wrong approach. But many of you were opposing me when i said the same thing w.r.t Sushil and Narsingh.

DON'T BE SELECTIVE!!!

IRRESPECTIVE OF THE TRIALS OR FINAL CANDIDATURE ,TRIALS SHOULD BE CONDUCTED IS WHAT I FEEL.

munna219777kartik91
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    IRRESPECTIVE OF THE TRIALS OR FINAL CANDIDATURE ,TRIALS SHOULD BE CONDUCTED IS WHAT I FEEL.

this should be done without exceptions, period.
    munna219777kartik91