Other Sports

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    True
    There should be 1 khel ratna and 15 arjuna award.
    Govt is trying to make multiple lobbies happy that woman needs to be given, para should be given cricket needs to be given every time.

Khel Ratna should be given to 1 best performer.
    Something on the lines of

Arjuna can be given for performers in various sports.

kartik91
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Khel Ratnas should be awarded for World Cup winners or Olympic Gold medal winners only. Other prominent medal winners should be given Arjuna.
    munna219777goalkeeparthebeautifulgamesouravindiadeepukartik91dev_pfc
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2020
    I totally disagree that there should be one Khel Ratna. First of all,the number of Athletes who are world class and are performing consistently have increased tremendously in India.

Gone are those days when the likes of K.M Beenamol got Khel Ratna for reaching Semi-finals of Olympics.

Second reason is that the criteria of team games and Individual games are different.eg) If Vinesh Phogat does not perform well,she is out of the Tournament whereas if Virat Kohli doesn't perform,the Team can win the World Cup(forget about winning the match).

Also,the event's importance can't be compared.eg) For Wrestling,Boxing,Weightlifting,Athletics etc(3-4  event's in a 4 year cycle are deemed of importance i.e Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Asian Championships, Commonwealth Championships, World Championships) whereas for the likes of Badminton,Cricket, Tennis etc there are multiple event's in a year leave aside 4 year cycle).

You can't lay a claim on a single Khel Ratna and it has to be performance based and the Government is purely doing that.eg) In 2018, Bajrang,Vinesh,Neeraj Chopra won both Commonwealth and Asian Games Gold. How can you give one Khel Ratna among these three?? All have same performances..

So,the Government is doing a decent work if it's rewarding everyone who deserves it.

In the past,due to this one Khel Ratna issue,many of our stalwarts have not received Khel Ratna like Krishna Poonia( for sure hasn't received),Mahesh Bhupathi ( i think has not received Khel Ratna whereas Sania Mirza despite winning less Grand Slams than Mahesh Bhupathi has received the Khel Ratna).

So,I feel Government is right in giving more than one Khel Ratna if it thinks that there are more than one deserving candidate.

munna219777kartik91
  • Anyone watching IPL. The tournament has been good so far. Surprising results. 
    And Sanju Samson is on fire 🔥
  • Although it being held in empty stadium, for TV audience they are generating supporters voice.  So the gate tickets revenue doesn't affect the IPL clubs as much. 
    Since it is held as bio bubble, I am looking forward on how the system is going to work in ISL. 
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29621 Points
    edited October 2020
    OMG! the greatest "kirket"-haters in IFN @indian_gooner falling for the charms of IPL :'( :'(

#JustJoking
    indian_gooner
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    ;indian_gooner 
    I'm watching highlights & SRH matches.. Fake noise is common now-a-days. 

IPL clubs have considerable impact as there is no revenue from tickets... On top of it, it's expensive for clubs to make all arrangements in UAE.. 

indian_gooner
  • @thebeautifulgame correct 😀 I used to blame kirket for sad state of other Sports in our country. The actual blame is to be put for is the media.
    Honestly after the likes of the players who had impact in the mind during childhood days like Sachin, Sourav, Sehwag, Dravid etc the interest has gone down.
    I don't even know the starting XI for current Indian cricket team. Earlier I used to know the starting players of other cricket teams. Now I don't even know who plays in Pakistan and Sri Lanka cricket team.

Over the years I have become familiar with Indian football team lineups.

As a keralite, I hope for Sanju Samson to get fair treatment in NT selection and be made first choice keeper batsman.

Also I would like a player from North Eastern states to be playing in cricket team. Haven't heard of anyone from there over the years.
    athi_bheekaranmunna219777RonnyCarbon_14ashindiadeepu