Comments

• Hernandez is 30. Not old by Indian football standards

• > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Hernandez is 30. Not old by Indian football standards
    >
    >

but he is slow even he has put on weight now 

True. But he has 2 months before I-League. He is a professional footballer he will lose the weight. He reminds me of Andre Santos from Arsenal in terms of physic. He will be ready on time.
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points

> Ashlesh said:
    >
    suddenly its looks like prayag may regret of paying players too much :P 

even suddenly salgaocar looks like team who will be exciting to watch now as i have seen them training they are physically strongest team they working hard in gym 
    one way you see dempo and sporting playing 8 a side matches and salgaocar player are doing intense work out 
    this saturday saw Milagres Gonsalves he looks like developed a superb physique 
    i wont be surprise if few salgaocar player get job as bouncers in night clubs :P 

Guys...lets talk about soccer only and not waste the space by saying something irrelevant....

• > Ashlesh said:
    >
    suddenly its looks like prayag may regret of paying players too much :P 

even suddenly salgaocar looks like team who will be exciting to watch now as i have seen them training they are physically strongest team they working hard in gym 
    one way you see dempo and sporting playing 8 a side matches and salgaocar player are doing intense work out 
    this saturday saw Milagres Gonsalves he looks like developed a superb physique 
    i wont be surprise if few salgaocar player get job as bouncers in night clubs :P 

Okay they are physical but does not make them huge contenders. Remember that last season they were close to relegation at a point and only ended in 6th. They have lost a lot of experienced players and replaced them with a lot of young players. There foreigners are looking good but that is 4 players. You need the whole team to gel. I dont see Salgaocar as champions. Top 4, yes. 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

given the transfers, Goan clubs are looking good to keep the trophy is Goa. Salgaocar, dempo, churchill all will start as contenders.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

When I heard about Rohan Ricketts training with Dempo, I thought..Oh boy! Did the Dempo officials follow @arsenalkid700 's suggestion? I m sure they got the hint from here!!

• > somesh said:
    > When I heard about Rohan Ricketts training with Dempo, I thought..Oh boy! Did the Dempo officials follow @arsenalkid700 's suggestion? I m sure they got the hint from here!!

I dont know. I did both ways. I always said I would love Rohan Ricketts in India on transfer threads here and that he would fit into clubs like Dempo, Salgaocar, etc AND I also went on Rohan Ricketts video's on youtube and I always suggested India as a destination.

So you can guess my happiness when it happened. :)
  • So who wants to rate the new foreign signings from abroad (last team was abroad, not in India):

1) Carlos Hernandez
    2) Sean Rooney
    3) Akram Moghrabi
    4) Bilal Najjarin
    5) Angel Guirado
    6) Bong Bertrand
    7) Minchol Son

Reasoning: Well Hernandez is there for reasons I should not have to say. Remember this is all based off CV right now. Sean Rooney has played in the A-League which, other than Hernandez's CV, shows he has been in higher leagues than the other signings. He was also in the U20 World Cup and did pretty well for himself in Indonesia. Akram, he was a beast from what I had read and who I talked to (yes I know Lebanese wikipedians who edit in the Lebanese articles and watch the league). He is an international footballer as well with 4 goals in 21 games but his main area is assists which are unknown but he does them a lot from what I hear. Bilal is almost the same with the difference being that he does it in defense. His CV is impressive. Good in league and international. Angel is fifth mainly because he came from the Filipeno league which honestly is not as good as I-League. I-League is ahead of the Philippines at league level but he is a Filipino international and has played in the Spanish system so that won me over. Bong is surprisingly low. He has a good scoring record but lets be honest... he is a 2nd Division Qatari player. I-League is not that bad. The best clubs in I-League can compete in the Qatari Stars League (1st Division) and get mid-table. He might be good for a club like Sporting but can he fill the boots of James Moga... I am not quite sure but remember, Moga did come from Bangladesh and look what he did. And last but not least, Minchol Son. That was easy... he got released after a 1 month trial, he came from the 3rd tier of Japanese football which is actually an insult to the quality of the league. The worst by far. 

Notable Exclusions: Tae Yoon.