I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• Overall: It seems the league has added a nice variety of foreigners and we are not done yet. United Sikkim look poised to sign 2 more foreigners, one from Togo and another from Costa Rica. Dempo look to make the biggest signing of the year with former Arsenal and Tottenham man Rohan Ricketts about to sign with the club. And Pune look to add a few themselves in either a Korean, Nepali or Japanese player. Also what I noticed is that these players are Costa Rican, Lebanese, Ghanian, Filipino-Spanish, North Korean and English. Usually India and I-League are known for our Nigerians and Brazilians but it is good to see more diversity. We needed to get out of our shell and looks like we have. Good summer in the foreign market me thinks.

• Meh I would actually place Rohan Ricketts at number 2. Thing is that he had not played a professional football match in around 8-9 months. In fact his last major team was Shamrock Rovers of the IFA Premiership in the Republic of Ireland which, despite being a better league than I-League, with 1 year away and 1 cap since does not look good. Based on further past I would give him number 1 ranking and the fact he has connections as well works but for now... numro 2.

• Arsenal's Ricketts joins Dempo

PANAJI: You would think Rohan Ricketts has seen it all.
    He has trained under Arsene Wenger, made his debut against Manchester United, witnessed matches being fixed, has been accused of stealing, seen players drink in the dressing room before a game and, bizzarely, has had four coaches train him in three months at the same club.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Meh I would actually place Rohan Ricketts at number 2. Thing is that he had not played a professional football match in around 8-9 months. In fact his last major team was Shamrock Rovers of the IFA Premiership in the Republic of Ireland which, despite being a better league than I-League, with 1 year away and 1 cap since does not look good. Based on further past I would give him number 1 ranking and the fact he has connections as well works but for now... numro 2.
    >
    >

though he was wid exeter city he was training with Tottenham Hotspur before coming to trial in India 

I know. In fact he posted a few vids about it but for the last 5 months he has been in Canada doing a Football Academy. And his 1 cap for Exter is what I am talking about. Who knows how he is now. From what I hear from you it is good but so far I am giving Hernandez the benefit of the doubt. Who knows, once the season is over I plan on ranking again but on performance, Rohan could top it.... bloody Bong could be top LOL.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > yeah exactly bong may be underdog here everyone speaking about rohan and hernandez bong  is really hardworking n good leader as far as my friends from mirramar told me its seems he is good motivator 

but one  think i really find positive about rohan i heard he helped toronto develop as team on the field as well as off the field in community so expect same from him with dempo

Exactly. Even after being released from Toronto FC Rickkets stayed and stills lives in Toronto and from what I see he has really had an impact. He started an Academy, he is doing columes which explain his POV of being a pro football (http://www.column10.com/tag/rohan-ricketts/) (http://www.sabotagetimes.com/author/rohan-ricketts/) READ THEM. THEY ARE VERY GOOD FOR ANY INSPIRING FOOTBALLER!

He has been great. Also friend him... http://www.facebook.com/rohan.ricketts.14

Been talking to him for a few days, he actually likes it in Goa. Mind you I wonder why he sent me a message at 3 in the morning Goa time.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited August 2012

Zohib Izlamo Amiri confirms his resigning with mumbai fc!!!

perfect!! good signing of foreigners from the club probably the best set of foreign players since their start!!

(as confirmed in his facebook account)
  • Okay, in anticipation of transfer deadline day today lets do the Indian football transfers. Now I know there is no set date in Indian football but lets get on with it...

Rumors:

Air India: Jagroop Singh, Ong Lepcha (confirmed)

Dempo SC: Rohan Ricketts.

United Sikkim: A Costa Rican and 2 Africans.

East Bengal FC: Kanye Vincent

Mohun Bagan: Tolgey Ozbey

• Its official now:

United Sikkim have signed Michael Rodriguez of Costa Rica. The signing was confirmed by Shillong Lajong FC on there website. 

Opinion: Good signing for United Sikkim. He was in the World Cup (no games though) and he has played in the USL First Division (2nd Division of America) and he has played in the Costa Rican league which after watching for 2 weeks and watching highlights I would say is below A-League standard but ahead of I-League.

Rodriguez joins South Korean goalkeeper Tae Yoon and Nigerian forward Salao Nuruddin as the foreigners on the team.
  • Meanwhile another update now:

Kayne Vincent has moved on. Vincent currently plays for the Melbourne Knights in the Victorian Premier League however I would not say that his East Bengal chances are over yet. Vincent was left out of the Knights last match against Green Gully which was 3 days ago. There is still a chance for the Red and Gold fans.
  • So the transfer window for Europe is over but it is not over in Australia. Kayne Vincent to India is a possibility soon. Also hope for some other A-League signings by I-League clubs (Pune FC anyone?)