I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Let me think. TJM or Karim to Dempo. But now I cant believe anything that gaffer says.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

"TJM coming to goa :D" that too from a dempo/goan club fan shows a lot :P

bytheway why tjm coming to goa? to beat goan clubs :D or to be coach? :P

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Your answer can be found in gaffers comment.

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Wonder if any1 gonna make an offer for ashraf nauman of palestine?

• > Shah476 said:
    > Wonder if any1 gonna make an offer for ashraf nauman of palestine?

He plays for one of the top Jordan teams so it would be tough. Perhaps a summer offer would suffice.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

After 4 seasons at Pune FC it looks like Derrick Parriera might be moving on at the end of the season.
    I'm sure he'd like to go with some silverware, the I-League is still within grasp, but they would have to go on another run like they did this year & last season. IFA Shield might be a more realistic target.

Rumored clubs to be talking to him: Dempo SC & return to his old club Salgaocar FC

The replacement looks to be Arthur Papas !
    Papas is also rumored to be in the hunt for the Salgaocar job.

If Papas goes to PFC and Derrick goes to Dempo..... TJM might be tempted to move to Salgaocar.

other clubs looking for coaches for next season are Shillong Lajong & Pailan would need to find a coach too.

• I thought Trevor Morgan had at least 1 year left after this season. If so then I doubt he will leave East Bengal unless they sack him. He has a very good thing going in Kolkata right now and is really only 2-3 players away from having an I-League winning side (I know he may have one right now but I meant a solid one). I doubt Morgan would want to go from a club where he has a good, solid relationship with to a club where he would need to work from the bottom because that squad is not even mid-table looking and many of those foreigners are going to leave at the end of the season.

Personally if Salgaocar stay up and United Sikkim are relegated I would like them to take a chance with Nathan Hall. He seems like a good coach who is dealing with a poor squad. He knows what he is doing and has a few connections.

As for Dempo. I have no opinion. Personally I dont think there main problem is the coach and I would be happy for them to allow Armando to select the new man. Their main problem is the players. To many oldies who are done. They need to inject some youth and newer players. What makes Manchester United constantly successful? They remain with a core squad and they replace players when needed. Dempo have not done that and they may soon see the horrors of that. 

As for Pereira. He has a good deal going at Pune FC but I think Pune FC need a new man. Papas would be perfect. With the Pune FC Academy Papas would revamp it all their and could maybe help Jeje's career.
  • I am not sure about that (regarding Morgan). I swear I heard that he had 1 year left after this season but that the rumor was that East Bengal could get rid of him if he fails to win the league. If it was his last season I would predict that there would be lots of talk about it. Specially on East Bengal pages. Barely much though.

As for Dempo again. Well I hope that Dempo are planning some sort of celebration for Armando. 14 years! If it was not for his health career he could have been even better. And if Derrick Pereira is the new man then that would be a good move for Dempo. My main criticism of Armando was his reluctance to use younger players. Guys like Romeo Fernandes are easily good enough to start but he is a bench player for some reason. Most of the squad Armando plays has been at the club since 2004 or 2009.

Pereira is more inclined to make use of younger players, especially when they deserve it (basically he would use Romeo Fernandes a lot but unless you did well at youth level he wont play you). He also has some connections to players. Guys like Pierre Douhou or Karma Tsewang would be good additions to Dempo.