I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    >
    I am not sure about that (regarding Morgan). I swear I heard that he had 1 year left after this season but that the rumor was that East Bengal could get rid of him if he fails to win the league. If it was his last season I would predict that there would be lots of talk about it. Specially on East Bengal pages. Barely much though.

As for Dempo again. Well I hope that Dempo are planning some sort of celebration for Armando. 14 years! If it was not for his health career he could have been even better. And if Derrick Pereira is the new man then that would be a good move for Dempo. My main criticism of Armando was his reluctance to use younger players. Guys like Romeo Fernandes are easily good enough to start but he is a bench player for some reason. Most of the squad Armando plays has been at the club since 2004 or 2009.

As for the celebration for AC....:-))
    Ricketts exposed the goings on at Dempo SC and now that the owner has proof of the scandal, it appears that they will ask him to quietly retire. Out of respect for his services over the years , they won't make a big deal about the biggest 'open secret' in indian football.
    When they were winning leagues & titles no one questioned these things but now people noticed how Peter Carvalho, Samir Naik, Climax Lawrence & Mahesh Gawli would start time & time again ahead of the likes of Godwin Franco, Cresson Antao , Romeo Fernandes etc.
    These old times have been regularly dipping into their pay-checks to ensure that they start, and their contracts have been boosted over the years to adjust for this.
    Rohan Ricketts exposed this to the Chairman, but due to the years of service it was felt it would be better to see out the season , and as such RR was paid out his contract an agreed not too tweet anymore. Rickets had tried to help younger players by asking them to go speak to the owner about the issues.

As for Derrick Parreira using youngsters :))
    Karma Tswerang warmed the bench and was used very sparingly for his entire 1st season, Soram Angamba only developed after leaving PFC. His success at Mahindra was largely due to the abundance of experienced National team players , and he overlooked many a talented youth player that Santosh Kashyap had developed at Mahindras.
    No doubting he is still a good coach , but as someone recently said....he has the best facilities, the most stable job, the best academy..yet he has won nothing in 4yrs . He didn't even get them promoted , that was Stuart Hall, when even the 4th place team out of 6 final group stage teams would qualify.

TJM is quite tired of all the interference of the officials at the club , and would rather enjoy a longer more stable contract at a more professional club, even if it means he is unlikely to be able to challenge for the title. Lets be honest he has won more than any other coach in India in the past 3 years & he deserves a lot better than how he gets treated in Kolkata.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

According to @gaffertape big changes coming in 3 big clubs.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > According to @gaffertape big changes coming in 3 big clubs.

u mean changes in air india, ongc and usfc??? 
  • @gaffertape I said when they deserved it. I know he missed out on Soram but that happens at most football clubs. Karma to be is not even good enough now. He comes up with great games but is not consistent.'

What I have noticed from Pereira at Pune is that he will use younger guys but only if they are exceptional. Pune FC Academy won the I-League U20, play in many regional tournaments, and won the district league, yet only 1 player from the Academy has played for the first team and that is Kadam. Every other I-League team does not even have an Academy and they are getting more youth than Pune.

But at Dempo Pereira would have some already good youngsters like Romeo Fernandes and Aniston or Myron. These guys were good enough but never saw an I-League game.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited February 2013

What gaffer has said about Colaco was known by many in Goa.

Churchill in talks with former mahindra defender. Van Brink was asked to leave.

shakkeerKM said:
    Name

Sorry. Cant disclose today.

• NO! Churchill Brothers would not go that low!!!!! Holy shit East Bengal are champions!!!!