I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    arindam bhattacharya confirms his move into bagan
  • i have a feeling tolgay will stay in east bengal and if that happens they will have a formidable striking force with joaquim, manandeep and chidi/keita
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>
    debjit1925 wrote:
    i have a feeling tolgay will stay in east bengal and if that happens they will have a formidable striking force with joaquim, manandeep and chidi/keita

<br><br>Robin, Baljit not retained?<br>
  • don't know about robin but baljit is highly unlikely to stay; he had a pretty poor season in red n gold... and robin is demanding 5-6 times the money he got last season, i don't think that will be worthy if we have joaquim and manandeep, joaquim has played in national team and will be a very good buy for next season...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    debjit1925 wrote:
    don't know about robin but baljit is highly unlikely to stay; he had a pretty poor season in red n gold... and robin is demanding 5-6 times the money he got last season, i don't think that will be worthy if we have joaquim and manandeep, joaquim has played in national team and will be a very good buy for next season...
    <br><br>Baljit doesn't deserve I agree...although Robin is very popular I dont think the club will lose much if he goes..players like manandeep can fill his spot + u guys are taking another proven foreigner (likely chiddi). EB in last two seasons have been very balanced in all departments..but I always felt the Robin-tolgay partnership was not good enough...u guys won mostly by 1 goal etc..and on bad days teams like ONGC defeated EB. Hopefully Morgan will be retained.<br>What I hear about MB team, its unlikely that they will have any chance next yr.<br>
  • If Robin leaves East Bengal I would like it for him to join a Maha club or a NE team. Problem is that those clubs might not have much to offer in terms of his idiotic wages he wants. Maybe a Goan club then.
  • i agree with you guys, robin is definitely overrated and mostly depends on penn or tolgay to feed him balls, if he doesn't stay in EB may be Baichung will want him in USFC. They might be able to fulfill his wages too. And I hope Morgan is retained too, if we want improvements in Indian football, the top teams should give their coaches more time, I also hope Subroto is retained in MB which is also highly unlikely if you look at their history with coaches. I feel bad for Subroto, he did the best one could have done with that team.
  • debjit1925 wrote:
    i agree with you guys, robin is definitely overrated and mostly depends on penn or tolgay to feed him balls, if he doesn't stay in EB may be Baichung will want him in USFC. They might be able to fulfill his wages too. And I hope Morgan is retained too, if we want improvements in Indian football, the top teams should give their coaches more time, I also hope Subroto is retained in MB which is also highly unlikely if you look at their history with coaches. I feel bad for Subroto, he did the best one could have done with that team.

<br><div><br></div><div>Robin Singh is a tough one. It is obvious a Maha or NE team would be better suited to him but his wages are just so damn high. USFC might want to skip on this one. They can do better. Why pay all that for Robin Singh when you could potentially buy a good foreigner that is better than Singh and has played in better leagues like A-League etc at the exact same wage demands. Singh will probably stay at EB and be behind Edeh (if), Tolgay, Manandeep, and Joaquim (if). Its not ideal but who else would want to keep an overrated player who thinks to much of himself.</div><div><br></div><div>As for Bagan. They should keep Subrata and let him decide what the moves are. All the Bagan officials think about is attack, attack, attach. What about defense. There are many good players that would like to come. At this moment all the good Indian defenders are gone reportedly but there are some good foreigners in the A-League, MLS, Africa etc who would love to come to India and join the oldest club in the league with a great history.</div>
  • true but they have already taken the Nigerian player from Southern Samity, i don't think they are going to invest on two foreign defenders. They seriously need one good quality Indian defender and not the likes of Anwar Ali who I think they are going to retain after losing Gourmangi to Prayag and Arnab Mondal to EB. We cannot have more than 3 foreign players in any national tournament anyway, with a fragile defense and midfield they cannot expect to win any major tournament with Odafa scoring one less goal than the opponent.
  • debjit1925 wrote:
    true but they have already taken the Nigerian player from Southern Samity, i don't think they are going to invest on two foreign defenders. They seriously need one good quality Indian defender and not the likes of Anwar Ali who I think they are going to retain after losing Gourmangi to Prayag and Arnab Mondal to EB. We cannot have more than 3 foreign players in any national tournament anyway, with a fragile defense and midfield they cannot expect to win any major tournament with Odafa scoring one less goal than the opponent.

<br><div><br></div><div>Well 1) (And this applies for all teams) stop playing them in state tournaments like the Calcutta Football League. Give the players a break. They cant be like slaves and play a million matches a season. It should be Fed Cup, Durand Cup and I-League. Done. </div><div><br></div><div>2) Select a youngster from the Academy</div><div><br></div><div>3) Look at the low teams like HAL and Chirag.</div>