India vs DPR Korea Live Streaming and Discussions, 13th March 2012

Comments

• sabir wrote:
    AIFF can offer Morgan for the post if East Bengal is ready to release him. Though EB sometimes goes out of form (especially when key players are injured) but the team plays attractive football (not just kicking the ball). The make well practiced moves to break the opposition's defence. Morgan is now quite aware of the situation in India. But team selection should be done by a committee of ex-players or coaches headed by Mr Baan. A expert physical trainer is needed. There are too much injuries in his team and many are suffering groin injury.

3 things:

1) Morgan is the only coach in India who I would let coach India's national team

2) Is East Bengal going to release him?

3) He needs to be in the selection committee to. He needs his say to. It cant be selected for him and AIFF say to him "Okay, here are the 30 players, train them now". His opinion is valuable to.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Why what happen to Colaco and Karim?

Personally, I would prefer these two than Morgan.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Morgan's team plays better football than two others. It is more attractive and innovative. Though Salgaokar had marginally better success (They were chaps and EB was 2nd; and EB won in Super Cup) recently but you can give some discount to Morgan as his key players got injured in most important moment (Raju and Mehtab in Fed Cup; Robin Singh in I-league). I like Colaco's idea of passing football but not his obssession with Dempo players. And Passing football doesnt mean continuously playing back passes and square passes. I fyou consider creating moves with effective passes, EB is ahead of Dempo.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    sabir wrote:
    Morgan's team plays better football than two others. It is more attractive and innovative. Though Salgaokar had marginally better success (They were chaps and EB was 2nd; and EB won in Super Cup) recently but you can give some discount to Morgan as his key players got injured in most important moment (Raju and Mehtab in Fed Cup; Robin Singh in I-league). I like Colaco's idea of passing football but not his obssession with Dempo players. And Passing football doesnt mean continuously playing back passes and square passes. I fyou consider creating moves with effective passes, EB is ahead of Dempo.

Honestly speaking we are emphasizing too much on attractive football.... I would prefer effective football!!!! Then we can go towards attractive football :)

• rudra wrote:
    sabir wrote:

Honestly speaking we are emphasizing too much on attractive football.... I would prefer effective football!!!! Then we can go towards attractive football :)

I hope you mean what I think you mean. Anyway I think the idea of "attractive football" should be implemented at the AIFF U14 Festival and the AIFF-IMG Academy then to the U19 level and then to Seniors.

As for today with the Seniors just get a coach who would get the best players and who knows Indian Football, hello Morgan.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    sabir wrote:

I hope you mean what I think you mean. Anyway I think the idea of "attractive football" should be implemented at the AIFF U14 Festival and the AIFF-IMG Academy then to the U19 level and then to Seniors.

As for today with the Seniors just get a coach who would get the best players and who knows Indian Football, hello Morgan.

Yes I mean similar things, what you mentioned about youth teams....so my hope for attractive game comes from the IMG cadets and there generation...
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    I agree with Rudra and Arsenal,exact thoughts guys ;;)
  • ashindia wrote:
    I agree with Rudra and Arsenal,exact thoughts guys ;;)

Sweet. :)
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    If the bar is only effective football then it is surely has to be Karim. But if attractive football then it has to be Colaco. I like Morgan's approach, but if felt he is not much effective if some his core players are injured (as sabir mentioned), this is where karim is effective, his tactics are good and are able to grind out results even when the odds are against them.