Dallas Cup 2012

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited March 2012
    Raja Rawat has proved to be a more influential and better player than Uttam Rai actually,when he was suspended against Uzbek we lost 9-0.

He also the reason why we got into SAFF finals.

He's the best in U-16 level for me,Uttam is talented but is rated more due to his trials with Grasshopper Zurich when he was 14.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    Raja Rawat has proved to be a more influential and better player than Uttam Rai actually,when he was suspended against Uzbek we lost 9-0.

actually our age group teams always were talented enough to make it big but due to the lack of facilities we missed it out in the past, but now with all facilities available to these young lads i would like to see most of them at least 6-8 players making it to good foreign clubs in coming future may it be european/ american or any top asian club
  • I am guessing this kind of career path IF he can make it.

Go to MLS and stay there till he is around 23-25 then make the move to a top 3 European club and go on from there. MLS (at least this season) has been one of the best places for Premier League, La Liga, and Bundesliga clubs to shop at this January and maybe over the summer.
    shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

actually our age group teams always were talented enough to make it big but due to the lack of facilities we missed it out in the past, but now with all facilities available to these young lads i would like to see most of them at least 6-8 players making it to good foreign clubs in coming future may it be european/ american or any top asian club

He has all the attributes to make it Abroad,he's big and strong too.
    Going by pictures and updates it looks like our best player Raja Rawat is not in IMG Academy which according to me is sick and disgrace.

What is the use of sending half team to USA ??? what kind of preparation is this ?? This is going to be costly blunder by AIFF and IMG.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    Going by pictures and updates it looks like our best player Raja Rawat is not in IMG Academy which according to me is sick and disgrace.

What is the use of sending half team to USA ??? what kind of preparation is this ?? This is going to be costly blunder by AIFF and IMG.

I think they couldn't take away the scholarships given to the others...after all they have convinced there parents and had papers etc., they have responsibility towards them, we are talking about 14-16 yr old kids here not 18+ professionals.

The only way out would have been to give more scholarrships, dunno reliance wanted to do that or not

rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

I think they couldn't take away the scholarships given to the others...after all they have convinced there parents and had papers etc., they have responsibility towards them, we are talking about 14-16 yr old kids here not 18+ professionals.

The only way out would have been to give more scholarrships, dunno reliance wanted to do that or not

But what about 2012 AFC U-16 Championship ???? we were supposed to prepare a strong team and keeping 2017 U-17 World Cup in mind we should be targeting a quarter-final spot atleast.

But again these guys are good at ruining things.No wonder we got our ballz whacked in Challenge Cup.
  • rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

Exactly what I think @Rudra this is not like an Academy here where you can be thrown out and others in. You get a scholarship and you stay. You just traveled half way across the world, you want to stay. As for having more come. The IMG Campus is home to many other sports as well. There main housing is for Americans. I doubt there is any more room left for Indians coming abroad.
  • ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

But what about 2012 AFC U-16 Championship ???? we were supposed to prepare a strong team and keeping 2017 U-17 World Cup in mind we should be targeting a quarter-final spot atleast.

But again these guys are good at ruining things.No wonder we got our ballz whacked in Challenge Cup.

I am sure before the AFC U16 Championship we will send our u16 IMG guys to India to join the others where they will have a camp and fight it out.

Stop worrying Ash. Ever sense the Philippines loss you have gone loco.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

I am sure before the AFC U16 Championship we will send our u16 IMG guys to India to join the others where they will have a camp and fight it out.

What happens is the Indian u16 team is 50-60% IMG team, so ash is saying maybe try to have the full India u16 in IMG for better practice... i think the only way we can do is to have more scholarships

arsenalfan wrote:
    Stop worrying Ash. Ever sense the Philippines loss you have gone loco.

=))