Naturalized Players

Comments

• Abhik09 wrote:
    Jeje is a promising striker but did you see the misses? his finishing is like 3/10, if he doesn't work on it,he will be like Anil Gurung( Overrated Striker but Bad Finisher).......And My point here is that if naturalized strikers get us the results, then there will be more fan following....and interest in football would increase,Hence: The next Virat Kohli would play football and not cricket!!! :)>-

1) Jeje though was a beast last year at Indian Arrows which (I believe) is because he was the main striker. Right now his misses for India and Pune are a result of 1 year in professional football and his age. This is normal for a player like Jeje, in 1-2-3 years he would go 8/10 and not 3/10.

2) How would the foreigner be the next Virat Kohli. Virat was born in Delhi.

3) I do see what you are saying but I think that why should we waste time naturalizing footballers. Obviously the AIFF would need to help them to but how about instead of that the AIFF focus on marketing the league better and better youth development which in the long run (which is what we are aiming for) will work better than foreigners in the team.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i would go for a 5 year ban on foreign players in league than naturalized players as the ban of foreigners will force all indian clubs to come with better indian strikers of their own and also help us make much more self reliable
  • shankar wrote:
    i would go for a 5 year ban on foreign players in league than naturalized players as the ban of foreigners will force all indian clubs to come with better indian strikers of their own and also help us make much more self reliable

That is not requiered. We just need better foreigners, ones that bring professionalism and not the "okay, I am a reject in my country, let me come to that puny Indian league and make money as I would be a god"
  • Abhik09Abhik09 0 Points
    shankar wrote:

Do you think Banning foriegners would improve our strikers? our players would only get good playing time but the quality of football will drop to a new low! :(

@Arsenalfan: I meant that the next talented kid would take up football and not cricket if our results in international arena improves.....
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited March 2012
    These I-League foreigners might be better than Indian players but no class.Even if you field a full I-League foreign XI in India NT we wont be able to reach WCQ 3rd Round.

Coming to naturalizing,there is only 1 hope and that is Chukwudi Chukwuma maybe he can play for India in 2015-16 when he completes his 12 year stay in India.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    The only way to give more chance to Indian players and sametime have better foreign players, is to have a rule to only allow some quota( 1 or 2 ) foreign players (out of 4) for each team who has played in NT (avg. ranking less than 130, national team players of Bangladesh etc. are no good) or Asian Champions league or Europa league for atleast 10 times. Otherwise, this quota should be remained vacant or occupied by Indian players only.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Sorry, on a negative side I was wondering if Chukwudi is such a good player why is not playing in I-league team. He is around 19-20 years (I guess??). I haven't seen him playing though.
    Abhik09 wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Do you think Banning foriegners would improve our strikers? our players would only get good playing time but the quality of football will drop to a new low! :(

@Arsenalfan: I meant that the next talented kid would take up football and not cricket if our results in international arena improves.....

how many you think follow indian football all over india...may be 1 of every 500-1000 indians follow it..so does it even matter whether they are showing good quality or poor anyway these public who are currently following the game is gonna continue doing that and in that 5 year duration these clubs can also work on those money they waste for foreigners which could be used for off-field activities....
    Abhik09 wrote:
    shankar wrote:

how many you think follow indian football all over india...may be 1 of every 500-1000 indians follow it..so does it even matter whether they are showing good quality or poor anyway these public who are currently following the game is gonna continue doing that and in that 5 year duration these clubs can also work on those money they waste for foreigners which could be used for off-field activities....
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    If a couple of naturalised players can give some result there is nothing wrong in going for it. We need to create interest about football because only then some money will flow to football. Without that we will never be able to make a professional set up in the country. And Odafe has shown interest to take Indian citizenship. He would be great inclusion. None of the Indian strikers come closer to him in term of scoring ability. (May be Baichung in his early twenties could be comparable to some extent.)