Naturalized Players

13»

Comments

• sabir wrote:
    If a couple of naturalised players can give some result there is nothing wrong in going for it. We need to create interest about football because only then some money will flow to football. Without that we will never be able to make a professional set up in the country. And Odafe has shown interest to take Indian citizenship. He would be great inclusion. None of the Indian strikers come closer to him in term of scoring ability. (May be Baichung in his early twenties could be comparable to some extent.)

Martins is better in my opinion based off how they did in the AFC Cups and to me that is more important than I-League.

Also we dont need to build fan support through foreigners in the team. We need our local football clubs to get off there lazy buts and go out and start spending money on marketing. How much marketing is being done? NONE! You can say "so and so club does this" but is it really making a difference.

How would foreigners work for us. The only country that I can see it can work for is the USA. They would not be at 27 if it was not for foreigners but that is because every white American hated soccer overall. Here it is different we love the support, mostly Euro Football but Indian Football is rising in support. Just needs some more people and more people to stop listening to goal.com and sportskeeda and start going on here and hardtackle.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    if odafa was such a great scorer why didnt he help churchill win afc cup
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Odafa is a selfish striker that scores so many goals only because he forces the teams that he plays on to play to his strengths.
    If he is closed down and can't shoot but can play a through ball, he will opt to play the ball wide , so from the cross he can try to score.

When he was injured last year, Kayne Vincent showed everyone , that it isn't that difficult to score goals for Churchill Brothers ( good team , good players) . When Odafa returned from his injury , Kayne was benched, as Odafa didn't want to end the season as 2nd top scorer on Churchill Brothers. In all his time at CB , they only won the league once.

Michale Chopra is twice the player Odafa is, Odafe wouldn't get a trial at Newcastle , let alone be able to play at that level. He would fail a the 1st hurdle , the fitness test !
    Odafa's 20-a day smoking habit and other habits would also not be the kind of role model for other budding Indian strikers !
  • gaffertape wrote:
    Odafa is a selfish striker that scores so many goals only because he forces the teams that he plays on to play to his strengths.
    If he is closed down and can't shoot but can play a through ball, he will opt to play the ball wide , so from the cross he can try to score.

When he was injured last year, Kayne Vincent showed everyone , that it isn't that difficult to score goals for Churchill Brothers ( good team , good players) . When Odafa returned from his injury , Kayne was benched, as Odafa didn't want to end the season as 2nd top scorer on Churchill Brothers. In all his time at CB , they only won the league once.

Michale Chopra is twice the player Odafa is, Odafe wouldn't get a trial at Newcastle , let alone be able to play at that level. He would fail a the 1st hurdle , the fitness test !
    Odafa's 20-a day smoking habit and other habits would also not be the kind of role model for other budding Indian strikers !

Wait what do you mean by a 20-a day smoking habit. If that is the case get him out of I-League straight away. I know we hear about Premier League players and all the shit they do but 20-a day! Does he have cancer, is Odafe dying yet!
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    You can call Odafe selfish, moody everything. But the fact remains he is capable of scoring and that is much better than any Indian available. He can create his own chances from no where and convert it. Though I am not a supporter of foreigners but I cant deny Odafe's quality.
    ShebbySB
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think odafa scores lots of goals because our defenders are weak and maybe our league standard no so great,if he is such a player he should have received offers from other afc clubs