PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> ashindia said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > well, if a foreign national had Indian passport, then I don't see why they should not be included...because Indian passport is not easy to get so one earns it by staying here etc. For example someone like Arata has been here, can understand the locals, can talk/partially talk in local language etc.... for me that's more Indian than some trying to be Indian because there grandparents/parents were once Indians
    >
    >

Why so ?? there are players like Harmeet or Netan who are so proud of their country of origin why shouldn't they represent us ??

We should always be opportunistic.Look at countries like Turkey even though they have 1000 times better Sporting Organization and Infrastructure than us they still go for German bred Turkish players.

In India people who make rules dont even know a thing about sports or are they interested to do anything serious to develop it.

Saying things in TV and internet doesnt make them proud or anything...if someone is so proud let them throw there existing passports and come here....if Turkey does something, that doesnt make it right or wrong...its not only about sports it is a political decision...if the 2nd largest population in the world and culturally the most diverse country (this point is important, coz this allows us to access more different physiques, styles and variety) need to find players from other countries, then I don't much words to express the condition... if sports is only about producing results, then ok bring them...but I dont see this as a long term solution...

if this follows, then for olympics also do the same...basically except cricket we can do this for every game
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Ashlesh said:
    > with Indian rules india will take 50 years to be called as sporting nation i hardly see something getting fixed in less time in india 

so be it..if we are shit, then we deserve shit...if we do something better, the results will also come...  I believe when it comes to National sports, the results should reflect the hard work and performance of how sports is run in a country...rather than how it is run in another country...at the moment I League and youth development is shit so is the national team, suits us fine!

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Ashlesh said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > with Indian rules india will take 50 years to be called as sporting nation i hardly see something getting fixed in less time in india 

> >
    > > so be it..if we are shit, then we deserve shit...if we do something better, the results will also come...  I believe when it comes to National sports, the results should reflect the hard work and performance of how sports is run in a country...rather than how it is run in another country...at the moment I League and youth development is shit so is the national team, suits us fine!
    >
    >

what you want to say when a Indian player dont get work permit to play in UK even when he deserve to get a club 
    why a individual has to go let go opportunity becuase his country is ranked low 
    i have example where Indian guy was about to get into epl academy but now in BFA 

firstly UK does have a provision for exception for exceptional talents..
    secondly, if UK doesn't accept then there are many more places in Europe..
    Thirdly, how is the rule a problem for academies? People do join Brooker house academy (I know they have money, but rules don't seem to have problems)

Think about it, how many such cases happen every year? 5?  less than that surely...is that a good enough reason to chance a big rule and policy? are hundreds on Indian boys getting rejected bcoz of that? is there no alternative to UK?

• Aron Winter had India connection.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Winter

Many people in Holland are from their colony Surinam and 40% of Surinam is of Indian heritage-descendants of sugarcane workers who went there 150 years ago. Same with Trinidad  and Guyana.
    But I dont know under what rule can FIFA allow such players from Surinam or Holland to play from India. Even their grandparents were  not born in India. There Indian connection is like 5-6 generations back. Race is not a criteria.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

Haha.. this again reminds me of @Shah476 comments about all Australians being connected to England...and same can be said about Americans...where we draw a line there? and bear in mind, the most accepted theory (Though debatable) of human evolution and migration is that we are come from Africa!!!! :P

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Just think think about an african lineup

IKER CASILLAS, ASHLY COLE, MARCELO, KOMPANY, JOHN TEREY, ANDRÉS INIESTA, PIERLO, XAVI HERNANDEZ, CRISTIANO RONALDO, RADAMEL FALCAO, LIONEL MESSI. :P

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > Just think think about an african lineup
    >
    > IKER CASILLAS, ASHLY COLE, MARCELO, KOMPANY, JOHN TEREY, ANDRÉS INIESTA, PIERLO, XAVI HERNANDEZ, CRISTIANO RONALDO, RADAMEL FALCAO, LIONEL MESSI. :P

but against whom will play, coz all in the same side? maybe a match Humans vs Robots
    Robots team will have 10 robots + Peter crouch
  • There are exceptions in cricket. Robin Singh is from Trinidad yet he played for India. In 1989 he was not having Indian passport but Trinidad passport.

We are just too strict nowadays.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited January 2013

> Ashlesh said:
    > > Joyptan said:
    > > Just think think about an african lineup
    > >
    > > IKER CASILLAS, ASHLY COLE, MARCELO, KOMPANY, JOHN TEREY, ANDRÉS INIESTA, PIERLO, XAVI HERNANDEZ, CRISTIANO RONALDO, RADAMEL FALCAO, LIONEL MESSI. :P
    >
    >

iker casillas is not african he is latin 

I think he was just referring to my comment on all human are linked to africa :)

basically this is his world XI (as opposed to FIFA's!)
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Ashlesh
    > Joyptan said:

> Just think think about an african lineup
    >
    > IKER CASILLAS, ASHLY COLE, MARCELO, KOMPANY, JOHN TEREY, ANDRÉS INIESTA, PIERLO, XAVI HERNANDEZ, CRISTIANO RONALDO, RADAMEL FALCAO, LIONEL MESSI. :P

iker casillas is not african he is latin 

You r wrong. We all are africans. :D