PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Agreed.. just need right club with stability n aiff assuring him of certain things..

• ashindiaashindia 9384 Points

Money is lot in India,and the cost of living is way cheaper than Europe so he can live a lavish life here.He just needs to give up his passport.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

He'll have to play as a foreigner for at least 5 years.

He has a PIO card & can get an OCI card as well as start his passport application on grounds that his parents are Indian .

Advantage of youth on his side, also he'll save a tonne of money on taxes, as living in Denmark isn't good for the wallet

• ‎22 Year Old,Oslo-born Norwegian PIO (Person of Indian Origin) Harmeet Singh who has Indian parents expressed his interest from some of Europe's top football clubs before he chose to sign for Dutch giants Feyenoord last summer for a transfer fee of €300.000. 

He Said,"AIFF Never Approached Me".
    He had Represented Norway in Norway U-15,U-16U-18,U-18,U-19,U-21.
    He has also played 3 International Matches For Norway Team.

Q>Have you ever been approached by the AIFF to play for India?
    A : Not yet. If it does, then maybe I'll take it more seriously. Right now I'm focussing on the U-21 European Championships with Norway.

• ashindiaashindia 9384 Points

> shakkeerKM said:
    > ‎22 Year Old,Oslo-born Norwegian PIO (Person of Indian Origin) Harmeet Singh who has Indian parents expressed his interest from some of Europe's top football clubs before he chose to sign for Dutch giants Feyenoord last summer for a transfer fee of €300.000. 

He Said,"AIFF Never Approached Me".
    He had Represented Norway in Norway U-15,U-16U-18,U-18,U-19,U-21.
    He has also played 3 International Matches For Norway Team.

Q>Have you ever been approached by the AIFF to play for India?
    A : Not yet. If it does, then maybe I'll take it more seriously. Right now I'm focussing on the U-21 European Championships with Norway.

Not easy to get an Indian Passport.

• Has anyone made that meme yet.

"One does not simply... get an Indian passport".
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Andorra National team Captain Oscar Sonejee (player of Indian Origin) has expressed his desire to work in I-League . He has UEFA A license.

• preetampreetam 870 Points

this rule is only for india of not providing dual citizenship????or same is for pakistan????how pakistani team r getting service of foreign based player???