PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9384 Points

Soeris Baidjoe

Plays in Belgain 3 Tier for KRC Mechelen.

• > ashindia said:
    > Soeris Baidjoe

Varin Mehta made the bench sometimes in the 2nd Division and now he struggles to make it in I-League. So I think a current 3rd tier guy is not much different from what we have.
    edited March 2013

Ricardo samoender played for  FC Dordrecht,recently terminated his contract in winter transfer window.Now clubless

Plays as Defender Left,is 1.88m tall :)

• We should sign him in I-League. Pune FC should sign him.

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > ashindia said:
    > > Soeris Baidjoe

>
    >

Varin Mehta made the bench sometimes in the 2nd Division and now he struggles to make it in I-League. So I think a current 3rd tier guy is not much different from what we have.

I dont think Varin was a important player there,he was signed by them cause he was rich and had the influence of rich people like Ambani.You cannot compare the league by this overrated fellows performance.

Belgian 3rd tier is easily better than I-League.

• Based on what? I am basing it on a player who, while was a rich class flop, still made the bench for 2nd tier games and is now struggling to find a club in India. 

So how can the 3rd tier be better?

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Based on what? I am basing it on a player who, while was a rich class flop, still made the bench for 2nd tier games and is now struggling to find a club in India. 

It is better cause the players in it are from better Youth Set-up,have better Infrastructure facilities,also the training methods in European countries are superior compared to what our shit I-League clubs offer and no wonder our NT struggles against Afghanistan which is basically made-up of amateurs from Germany and few college kids from America.

Until and unless all 14 clubs adopt the PFC way you cannot rate I-League better than these competitive lower leagues of Europe.

• > ashindia said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Based on what? I am basing it on a player who, while was a rich class flop, still made the bench for 2nd tier games and is now struggling to find a club in India. 

>
    >

It is better cause the players in it are from better Youth Set-up,have better Infrastructure facilities,also the training methods in European countries are superior compared to what our shit I-League clubs offer and no wonder our NT struggles against Afghanistan which is basically made-up of amateurs from Germany and few college kids from America.

Until and unless all 14 clubs adopt the PFC way you cannot rate I-League better than these competitive lower leagues of Europe.

Its 3rd tier of Belgium!!!! Not every Euro league is better than India. It may seem like it but that is not the reality. The players who play in the 4th tier here in the US have grown up in a better soccer environment than the Indian kids yet I can confidently say that the I-League is better than the 4th tier of the US.

We are attracting guys as well from the Spanish 4th tier. That should say something.
  • s7281s7281 0 Points
    TO RUDRA
    You are very foolish and a disgrace to football. You speak like you are a great person.

If a young player wants to do something he or she must do all they can to pursue this, everybody has dreams and it is people like you that kill them.

I have been fortunate enough to do research in UK for my project. I interviewed and watched Paranveer play in 3 fixtures. He dominated every game with high levels of skill and quality
    If the India national team can attract him then it would be a superb opportunity for us to have a great player at the age of 19.

We do need to attract overseas citizens to Develop our football not only national team but whole country
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    s7281 wrote: »
    TO RUDRA
    You are very foolish and a disgrace to football. You speak like you are a great person.

If a young player wants to do something he or she must do all they can to pursue this, everybody has dreams and it is people like you that kill them.

I have been fortunate enough to do research in UK for my project. I interviewed and watched Paranveer play in 3 fixtures. He dominated every game with high levels of skill and quality
    If the India national team can attract him then it would be a superb opportunity for us to have a great player at the age of 19.

We do need to attract overseas citizens to Develop our football not only national team but whole country

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">1) ONLY I CAN CALL RUDRA A DISGRACE TO FOOTBALL!!! THAT IS MY DUTY AND NO ONE ELSES!!!!! :p But seriously... piss off if that is the way you treat a respected member of this forum.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) So what if he does not want to take the easy way and bring in foreign born players. Yes it has done wonders for the Philippines and Palestine (The Afghan ones were born in Kabul) but that is not the way it should be done here. Specially now when we have no major games until 2015. We should be able to take this time to focus on growing our domestic league and growing the youth development in the country instead of focusing on foreign-borns.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And also it gives India more credit if we can achieve something without the use of foreign-born players from other countries and who were brought up in a different environment if we can do it with players who were born a bred in India and who grew through our youth system (mainly). Otherwise we will be accused of being a Qatar.</font></div>