PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Do you want India to give Citizenship to the top players or can we get 40 players who can help to qualify for world cup from various parts of the world and give citizenship to them and make them play for India ...  Problem lies somewhere else .. you start allow PIO , then AIFF will ask for citizenship for other nationals .. It isn't Qatar... how about Indian players who born in India and their chances to play ? 

AIFF should look for problem instead of seeking short term success .. I don't mind India loosing shit out for next 10 years. .. look for long term solutions and have vision ... such a cunt excuses for inability to handle federation. 
    munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Fucking we looking for vision from 2007 ! 
    munna219777
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    Is it possible for Sony Norde and Ranti Martins to become Indian citizens and play for National Team?  :P
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    then you will  become MB and EB fan by default!!! You think you can qualify with these guys for Asian cup and have respectable score line .. Then you are in lost world .. with these guys you cant win AFC Cup also where they are allowed to play ... who will come from other country if he is good enough quality who can represent own country ?  we are looking for mediocre quality players to fill in position for PIO. Only few players might be good enough to play for India for long tenure.. where in case of MC .. it is just gimmick or marketing stunt for ISL or gain popularity in Indian football arena .. 
    munna219777
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    we dont want full foreign nationals to convert to Indian citizens..thats absurd..PIO's are absolutely fine..there should be no debate on that
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited June 2015
    If you offer PIO people Indian passports ( dual passports ) half of Pakistan ( & Bangladesh) will qualify as their Grandparents were born in "India"
    I can't really see the BJP going for this [-X
    Ashleshgopiajeeshmunna219777foxatuljgspartareddevil87rudra
  • samsam 16458 Points
    Can't we exclude Pakistan and B'desh from this scheme?
    archak
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Can you imagine the uproar if the government allowed dual-citizenship but disallowed Pakistan or Bangladesh from it? What about the shady ways one would get around it. Give up your Paki or Bangla citizenship, get foreign, get into India... something like that.

If Michael Chopra or someone wants citizenship then be a man and get citizenship and give up your other passport... unless giving up the passport is bad for you in terms of your club career then there is no excuse!
  • samsam 16458 Points
    India is not only country which witnessed partition. There are many examples. Then I am very curious to know what they do to implement dual citizenship rule. 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I don't know but they do allow dual-citizenship and I do agree that is what India should do but you can't not allow 2 countries from being eligible for dual-citizenship.