PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    Well it is a catch 22 situation. PIO could be used as a booster to rejuvenate the squad but however for a country ranked 141st expecting quality players to come and join is not realistic, we could very well stuck with players beyond their selling date like Chopra thereby having a negligible impact.

But then if you want quality PIOs we gotta improve and if we improves why need PIOs ;))
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29307 Points
    Best option is to give citizenship to odafa and ranti. its a win win in both party's.
    gaffertapemunna219777rudra
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

wasn't there a news couple of years back that odafa is interested to take indian citizenship so that he could play for our national team..

that led to similar discussion here like this statement fro Stephen

In the end we are always looking for loopholes by checking if we give the in form foreigner the citizenship of get PIO to represent rather than giving a complete solution..

I see that we are saying that youth teams are our hope since 2007... I wonder may be the 2007 born kids will be our solution because I learned from Bollywood that when more people cry about same issues god sends his best childs to fulfill the dreams.. :P

Oh man I am seriously too bored at work

footydiparchakfoxreddevil87
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    It is futile to discuss on this PIO issue. The Government will never accept PIOs to play for the national team. The ministry will simply blame AIFF for not developing Indian football at the grassroots level. 

Moreover the president of AIFF is a congress ally, the present BJP government will simply blame the opposition and this will become another political issue.

Then FIFA may ban AIFF because as per FIFA rules (i think) no country should politically interfere in football affairs.

munna219777arun
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    PIO Will not be allowed according to today's TOI
    munna219777
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    Govt has rejected PIO's again
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Chutia coach and bigger chutias in admin of AIFF. The coach doesn't even play the country's best XI and he is demanding a change in Constitution! No fucking PIOs, wanna play for India become an Indian citizen.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Change the petition. We need a petition that Coach of India team should be of Indian Origin.
    =))
    samgoalkeeparsouravindiagopiajeeshreddevil87rudra
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    We should make a petition to make me IFN as AIFF
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points