I League Round 23

Comments

• HAL coach said that they may not shut the team down like JCT even though they will get relegated.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    HAL coach said that they may not shut the team down like JCT even though they will get relegated.

that is a good news but are they interested to fulfil the afc criteria to be part of league in future??
  • Its good for them but let them stay in the Bangalore Super Division and stay there.
  • That is the most important question. Keeping the club afloat just to play in BDFA Super Division makes no sense, especially for a club which has got taste of i-league more than once..
  • That is the most important question. Keeping the club afloat just to play in BDFA Super Division makes no sense, especially for a club which has got taste of i-league more than once..

But do they deserve to play in the I-League again or even play in the I-League 2nd Division. They cant just say "Hey, let us play in the 2nd Division".

The AIFF need to be smart about this for on field reasons and even more important, fiancial reasons. We need to allow only clubs that want to become stable into the league, HAL is not the right team to represent Bangalore. I think we should keep Bangalore off the football map for a while and then later bring it back into discussion. Bangalore is a huge market but at this moment is only a Euro Football city, domestic football will take time.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I think we should keep Bangalore off the football map for a while and then later bring it back into discussion. Bangalore is a huge market but at this moment is only a Euro Football city, domestic football will take time.

Well, if you talk about the affluent sections of Bangalore or the internet savvy guys, then yes domestic football in no concern to them. But Bangalore has football fans who only care about local football (much like Kerala, although not in the same scale). In historical terms, 'Bangalore Muslims' were a solid club. In present, some of the neighbourhoods in Bangalore (Austin Town - from where Lester Fernandes comes and another place I forgot the name) has good football following. Even to see a shit club like HAL who play shit and dont do any promotion 1-2K people come...with some good football (not even promotion) it could easily have been 5K. So, definitely Bangalore has ppl who can follow local clubs.
    S
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Time for Mohun Bagan vs HAL - LIVE!
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I think we should keep Bangalore off the football map for a while and then later bring it back into discussion. Bangalore is a huge market but at this moment is only a Euro Football city, domestic football will take time.

Well, if you talk about the affluent sections of Bangalore or the internet savvy guys, then yes domestic football in no concern to them. But Bangalore has football fans who only care about local football (much like Kerala, although not in the same scale). In historical terms, 'Bangalore Muslims' were a solid club. In present, some of the neighbourhoods in Bangalore (Austin Town - from where Lester Fernandes comes and another place I forgot the name) has good football following. Even to see a shit club like HAL who play shit and dont do any promotion 1-2K people come...with some good football (not even promotion) it could easily have been 5K. So, definitely Bangalore has ppl who can follow local clubs.
    S

Been waiting for you to join the conversation on this. I wont go against your word as you are there to witness it live. If HAL do get 1,000 to 2,000 a game with no marketing and a shit team then that is great.

Right now if we go the way of expansion then we should do what the A-League sometime does for <b>potential</b> expasion clubs in which they test the city before allowing it in. They hold 1 Australia international friendly there and hold 1 A-League game there.

I think maybe next season as right now Bangalore wont be represented sadly the AIFF should hold one friendly at the Bangalore Football Stadium and hold an I-League game there. Maybe a Pune match because Pune will be the closest team to Bangalore next season. So maybe Pune vs Mohun Bagan can be held in Bangalore. Of course the AIFF should try to market those 2 games the best they can. If the India match gets at least 7,500 fans and the I-League match gets 5,000 fans then they can be considered. If not, try agian later. Also some fans should take the initative to start a supporters group for domestic football. Call the group something like "Bring I-League to Bangalore" and have the group do there best to catch the eye of the AIFF and potential corporates.

Something like this.
  • Seems like the HAL coach is have a pink day today
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Mohun Bagan playing very ordinary, which considering opponent is HAL can be said poorly... seems like after being out of title race... players have lost the motivation...now only thinking about contracts!!