I League Round 23

Comments

• rudra wrote:
    Mohun Bagan playing very ordinary, which considering opponent is HAL can be said poorly... seems like after being out of title race... players have lost the motivation...now only thinking about contracts!!

In that case they should be pushing it. You want a contract you need to prove it. For players like Chhetri this should be an audition.

Right now very dissipointed at Bagan. HAL is playing very well and may even win. Odafe has not proven he is worth even half the money he wants.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    In fact Chetri seems to be one of the better player (as attacking midfielder... really like his role there)... Odafa is not doing much there... Baretto lacks pace, not doing much... Midfield not doing anything special... manish Bhargav was introduced in last 10-15 mins...created couple of moves....

Anyways, Mohun Bagan has never been attractive the whole season...only effective in patches...and HAL is always bad in 2nd half...so lets see where the game goes..

HAL players probably motivated by the fact that they need to secure contracts as the club is going down
  • I don't understand why you hate Odafa but he has proven his worth time and again. Any other striker in current Mohun Bagan team would have struggled to cross 12 goal mark. Odafa has crossed 20 despite being 80-90% fit for most of the campaign and despite having zero support from other strikers. He had a hamstring injury last match and I am pretty sure he is not fully fit in this match either.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    He is not looking fit...running very little...still he is the one who has couple of attempts on goal...

given that Ashim was replaced by Manish...I doubt who will be the other striker if Baretto has to be substituted (happens in all matches)... Odafa (half fit)... Sunil better in his deep lying role...if Mohun Bagan doesn't score anytime soon, Subrata has a tough task ahead
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    anyways players coming for 2nd half...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    when the whole planet is marking Odafa...why the hell cant the other guys utilise the gaps????
  • I don't understand why you hate Odafa but he has proven his worth time and again. Any other striker in current Mohun Bagan team would have struggled to cross 12 goal mark. Odafa has crossed 20 despite being 80-90% fit for most of the campaign and despite having zero support from other strikers. He had a hamstring injury last match and I am pretty sure he is not fully fit in this match either.

I dont hate Odafe. I am pissed at how much money he wants. He thinks that Bagan have the money comparable to an EPL club. He thinks to much of himself. He is a great player but in any other country they would reject him for wanting that money and the club would look for someone else. It is not hard looking for someone else who is better than Odafe who will work for less.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    If clubs are willing to fish out money then a player will demand that... that's shows his professionalism... its the clubs who should reject him...Odafa is hardly to be blamed
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Hamza almost scored!!!!
  • rudra wrote:
    If clubs are willing to fish out money then a player will demand that... that's shows his professionalism... its the clubs who should reject him...Odafa is hardly to be blamed

Which is kinda what I said. Bagan should just reject Odafe and go after someone better but in a way I understand why they would not do that because Odafe would then go to another I-League team and maybe kill Bagan in a future game. Of course Bagan can try to sell him to a team in another country but who is willing to pay his salary.

Again why I want a salary cap.