IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    IMG_R's versions of the Indian Super League might be off... they might float a TEAM or 2 next year instead...
    The strict licensing criteria could knock out 2 teams ...like Churchill Bors & Mumbai FC , not to mention Mohd Sporting and Rangdajied
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    As per news, Churchill Bros has already got most of their stuff in order including age group teams.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    IMG_R's versions of the Indian Super League might be off... they might float a TEAM or 2 next year instead...
    The strict licensing criteria could knock out 2 teams ...like Churchill Bors & Mumbai FC , not to mention Mohd Sporting and Rangdajied
    I dont understand this. Licensing for what? Do you mean to say eligibility to play in I-League itself ??? So teams like Churchill, Mumbai Fc will not play in I-League? Its weird because this year Churchill Brothers will be playing in AFC Cup. How is it possible that a club can play for AFC cup but not eligible for I-League?
    If IMG-R are floating a corporate team then they are welcome in I-league. Only thing is that there should not be conflict of interest. Reliance Team from Mumbai is welcome.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Churchill Bros winning Fed cup has put AIFF in a quandry. Now they will try other options to get rid of CB since they hv qualified for afc cup next year also.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If the AIFF is doing something like the J. League in which they have strict licensing rules then I am fine with that... if we lose Churchill Brothers then that is fair but surely there are worse clubs than them. Sporting Goa? The Kolkata clubs? UNITED!?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited February 2014
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Tenders-for-footballs-new-league-out-next-week/articleshow/31189091.cms

Tenders to be out next week. This year they have left out Beckham, Messi. But new names doing round are
    Dwight Yorke, former Arsenal star Fredrik Ljungberg, ex-Argentina striker Hernan Crespo and former France and Arsenal winger Robert Pires
    are learnt to have confirmed their availability. TOI has learnt that
    negotiations are still on to bring in popular strikers like Michael Owen
    and Thierry Henry on board.

=))
    Not only that, the stadiums have also confirmed their availability.  How many Indian players??? Can anyone confirm negotiations between Reliance and Thierre Henry-or Indian journalist just imagine things!!!!!
    Thierry Henry is on his last year in MLS but I thought this league was looking for a September-November start... so basically when MLS is in its clinical months.

Ya... I take this news is bullshit.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
     expect this league to get mysterously cancelled  after a ton of hype....
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    How can I league be even be merged with this ...? That's insane
    BTW, for anyone curious, just because the player is a big name does not mean they will bring the fans in. When the Red Bulls signed Rafa Marquez in 2010 we managed to bring the entire Spanish-speaking community to Red Bull games... I mean, this is the former Barcelona and Mexico captain here. But then, after seeing how crap he was, the fans stopped coming.

Point? Why bring in Freddy, Dwight etc when they are retired for a reason? They will bring fans in at first but then they will go once they see they are crap.