IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points

Lol they couldnt even bring a sponser to the National team which is there primary task and you want them to stay on board? May i know what initiatives they have done till date since having a agreement with AIFF?

The only thing they ever did was further alienate AIFF with the I-league clubs, Probably even destroying a year's football from some of the national team players.

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Reliance consider their partnership with Indian Football as their Corporate Social responsibility and use it for tax deductions, exemptions.

http://www.ril.com/html/aboutus/social_resp_comm_dev.html

Although nothing wrong in that but how much money exchange hands? is Indian football getting funds they need?
    I would rather the new ownership stay on board but just rethink and replan their strategy. 

The Indian Super League for example, GREAT IDEA, but horribly planned and the format is shit. The new ownership needs to take a look at it and rethink the approach and format. Make it appealing and realistic and not just some obvious attempt at money.

If they can do all of this then I am happy to keep IMG and Reliance industries on board, however, if the opposite happens then the AIFF only has themselves to blame for 2009.
    Make new clubs and keep some existing clubs. Disbanded clubs can be given shares in new clubs., Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi. Chennai, MB, EB,MDS, Shillong FC. 10 clubs India super league. 4 clubs of Goa can buy shares of two new Goa clubs Goa North and Goa south. Will that work?? But then they will have to close down I-League.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Aiff is under the sports ministry under our world famous govt. to rub salt to injury img can kiss 700 crs goodbye.
    Aiff is under the sports ministry under our world famous govt. to rub salt to injury img can kiss 700 crs goodbye.
    Wrong. AIFF is not under control of Sports Ministry. Infact none of the federations come under Sports Ministry. Praful Patel is not answerable to Sports Minister. federations are independent and they come under FIFA. Also they are answerable to IOA olympic association. Thats why it is very difficult to remove anyone from the post. KPS Gill for example from Hockey. Ultimately they had to make hockey India because they cannot fire Gill from IHF India Hockey Federation.
    Sports Ministry control SAI Sports Authority of India and give money to states for sports, They have to foot the bill for stadiums for Games.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    the praful patel who killed air india and merged it with IA? that just makes it worse he he
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29244 Points
    He now plans to kill I league and merge it with india super league isn't that cool. ;)
    jees_jose
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

now that William Morris Endeavor has bought IMG, how will it affect the agreement that AIFF had with IMG - Reliance.

Will it still be in force?

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Depends on who is the majority owner of IMG-Reliance... IMG or Reliance Industries?
    Reliance joined hands with IMG in 2010.
    http://www.thehindubusinessline.in/2010/03/15/stories/2010031551280300.htm

As you read from the article, Reliance uses this deal as  a part of Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative instead of an active business. So this IMG-Reliance is used for tax deductions. This shows why they are so lackdaisal in their approach to promote Indian Football.