IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    these fu**s why dont they just leave Indian football and try their luck in cricket..they are just ruining everything that was considered football in India..I HOPE Indian people shun their so called 2 months league and they run a huge loss and just leave this field..For once I am fully with the clubs..
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    two biggies- Mukesh Ambani and Praful Patel need to talk and sort this matter out. till then Ashu Jindal CEO of IMG Reliance and Subrata Dutta, Kushal Das will just pass the time. In Indian football they act at the last moment. One week before the game, they will figure out that ground is not in good condition. When I-league start, they will give tender to repair floodlights and whole season will pass.  <br>They will wait till last moment in this IMG league also-so many vested interests are there. <br>
    I hope one day IMG build something like this in india.<br>
    IMG-R do not have any website. They just have an entry on IMG worldwide website. <br>http://www.fundoodata.com/companies-detail/IMG-Reliance-Pvt-Ltd/60132.html<br>;
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So, who is going to fund this academy? IMG Academy in Florida has some of the best coaches in the world for sports and the best facilities and, in turn, see a good amount of their alumni become pros in sports. Also, in turn of all these players, they get benefits like random donations from the random people who like the academy, sponsors, and other people.<div><br>What am I saying from this? How can IMG-Reliance build something like this in India? Where would the coaches come from? Why would they come here? Where would the sponsors come from? Where would the land come from?</div><div><br></div><div>So many damn questions and don't forget the returns... unless IMG-Reliance know they can come out green on this then they will never build an Academy.</div>
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k13/dec/dec81.php

New owners of IMG. They are a US based private equity firm:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Lake_Partners

They will decide on their future partnership with Reliance as well as IMG-Reliance and AIFF. Best thing will be that they leave Indian football and AIFF should free themselves from the clutches of Ambani.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I would rather the new ownership stay on board but just rethink and replan their strategy. 

Listen, IMG-Reliance and Indian football has not been the best partnership in the world but lets be honest, IMG-Reliance has money and power in the sports industry while AIFF and I-League has literally almost nothing. We need IMG-Relance to stay on in order to develop, esspecially now that we are funding tons of Academies and infrastructure developments. It would take ages to find anyone willing to lose money in order to develop Indian football so staying with IMG-Reliance is a must.

Now, what IMG-Reliance needs to do, thinking that they will stay together, is work with Rob Baan and also other officials in India to decide on the best path for Indian football. The one already set has positives but so many legatives.

The Indian Super League for example, GREAT IDEA, but horribly planned and the format is shit. The new ownership needs to take a look at it and rethink the approach and format. Make it appealing and realistic and not just some obvious attempt at money.

If they can do all of this then I am happy to keep IMG and Reliance industries on board, however, if the opposite happens then the AIFF only has themselves to blame for 2009.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    Can't agree more. If they want super league could be a full league. Hope the new owners bring something good to indian football