Brandon Fernandes

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9334 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Considering the level at which he is playing I would wait till he finds a real team to play for. I mean do we rate the I-League so low that we even say that the South African 3rd tier is better.

Why rate I-League ??? Im talking about NT.I-League is good cause of foreigners rest Indian players are shit and as good as SA 3rd Division(Most of the teams in it are youth teams not semi-pro players or amateurs).

Brandon has earned his hype by performing,hes not overrated !

The other Indian guy in ASD is shit not Brandon !

• Not overrated? Ever since he got a trial at a Premier League club people have been talking about him like the next Harry Kewell of Asia.

As for the national team. Come on. Sanju Pradhan, Lalkamal Bhowmick, CK Vineeth, Jewel Raja, and Alwyn George. All these guys are good and honestly name me the foreign midfielders in I-League. Amos Omeje, Beto, Penn Orji, Quinton Jacobs, Katsumi Yusa, Carlos Hernandez, Pierre Douhou, and Ogba Kalu. Other than Beto, Penn, Yusa, and Hernandez the rest of the midfielders who are foreign are crap and you know it. 

And honestly I have never seen the 3rd Division of South Africa but the fact that it is practically all youth teams and semi-pro clubs just tells me that I-League is better. Hell it is not as if Fernandes dominated the AFC U19 Championship qualifiers in 2011. 

Lets just wait till he plays for a professional club and see how he does. 
  • RonnyRonny 10483 Points

come on didnt we all see him live against Iran in the u-19 championships..he was a class apart

• RonnyRonny 10483 Points

but that goal shows the opposition is shit :P

• > Ronny said:
    > come on didnt we all see him live against Iran in the u-19 championships..he was a class apart

I will admit, he made those Iran defenders look like 14 year olds. :)
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

But what happens if Brendon fails while playing for NT. Everybody starts gunning for Savio then.

> Domnic said:
    > But what happens if Brendon fails while playing for NT. Everybody starts gunning for Savio then.

Savio needs to be replaced by Santosh Kashyap after this I-League ends

• > Domnic said:
    > But what happens if Brendon fails while playing for NT. Everybody starts gunning for Savio then.

Well thats the thing and problem with football fans overall. We have this mentality where we see a young kid make news headlines and we dub him the next Pele or Maradona but then if he comes in a does not do well initially we hassle him about how he is shit.

Just like the English media. They see a kid do 1 good thing in the Premier League and they dub him the next Beckham. Years later and he is nothing. So many examples to choose from.
  • > ashindia said:
    > > Domnic said:
    > > But what happens if Brendon fails while playing for NT. Everybody starts gunning for Savio then.
    >
    >

Savio needs to be replaced by Santosh Kashyap after this I-League ends

Off topic on this thread but if I was Wim I would actually get someone foreign as his assistant. Someone who actually knows the style of play Wim wants to implement. Wim now knows Indian football. He has seen plenty of games. He does not need Savio anymore nor does he need an Indian assistant. He needs someone who knows football.

1-2 years from now,hopefully I'll be reading these comments and laughing.